Cheap Energy Club - tariff not listed, means I can't search

much like the other thread (as a new user I can't link, but it's titled "Can't access Cheap Energy Club comparison?"), my cheap energy club search does not work. the solution at the bottom of the thread is right:
In my case, it was simply because my 'current' tariff (in my settings) was blank - when I populated it, it worked fine
BUT, my problem is that the tariff I am on "Zapp!", is not listed under my provider "Outfox The Market". It used to be, but it apparently has been deleted. Until I can select my tariff, I can't run the comparison.
I've tried emailing support, but it's been over a week and no updates. I know my rates, so I wish I could just enter them manually. Does anyone know how I could do this, or otherwise escalate this with MSE?

Cheers:beer:

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,687
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You can enter any other tariff you want, all you can't then do is to compare the "savings" against your current tariff. Doing some simple maths will give you your current annual cost so easy to compare against the new cost. There are also other comparison sites out there.
  • it's true, but it's a little tricky to parse my bill. They don't list a standing charge, but they do list a 'membership fee', but not what duration that applies for, or how it's calculated. I'm trying to ask them at the moment.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,868
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    housefun wrote: »
    it's true, but it's a little tricky to parse my bill. They don't list a standing charge, but they do list a 'membership fee', but not what duration that applies for, or how it's calculated. I'm trying to ask them at the moment.

You can work that out for yourself.
    Just find out which membership bracket you fall in (see your bill), then multiple that figure by 12 (for an annual figure) and divide by 365 days in the year. It may be a few pence out but you'll have a good idea.

You can then poke around and find a similar tariff with which to give yourself a rough idea.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Zapp no longer exists, you need to select Blast.

Yes, I know your online account and bill says Zapp, OFTM are terrible.
  • keef-WhatStandards
    keef-WhatStandards Posts: 286
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 18 January 2019 at 4:10AM
    I am on Zapp according to my last bill. Why is this not shown in the drop down menu? Whack is not an alternative as it includes an exit fee or has this been introduced without telling customers?

My browser just sits there and doesn't give an error.

All this is componded by MSE not answering my emails enquiring about browser support and tariff listings. :(

There should be rules/regulations about these tariffs, as it is so confusing. How do most people cope with them?
    Keef - Sheerness, Kent UK
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    I am on Zapp according to my last bill. Why is this not shown in the drop down menu?
    Per my post immediately above yours... It no longer exists. Select Blast.

Compare the prices in the latest price rise notification for Zapp and you'll see that they match Blast.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure