To those who stopped getting 0% offers from barclaycard

Options
2»

Comments

• Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    OH has a Barclaycard Platinum on a long term 0 percent but he’s never had any offers at all. They’ve just upped his credit limit from 2.5k to 3k though so obviously they don’t dislike him as a customer :D
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • CakeCrusader
    Options
    I called them up. They've upgraded my Barclaycard Initial to a Freedom Rewards (I was offered a Platinum or a Freedom card), then I increased the limit online, this was approved right away. They've given me a 56 day interest free period but the interest rate is the same as it was before after this (I clear it every month anyway so it's not too much of a problem).
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    if you have offers on your card, then use a small one to keep them coming. Pay them off b4 terms end.
    Then when you need a big one...it may be there
  • pursuitofmoney
    Options
    Does anyone know when the offers change roughly every month.
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    They gave me platinum black cashback card
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know when the offers change roughly every month.

Mine change at the end of the month. Checking them online in the last few days shows both the current month ones and the next ones, so I could pick whichever was most beneficial.
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think I will give it 3 months, and if they dont come back will cancel the card. I probably need to cancel a card anyway as I do have the most active cards I have ever had.

On the secure message they replied there is no offers available but if I wanted I could ring up for a BT at my standard interest rates LOL.
  • A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    For the first time in ages. I’ve got money and balance transfer offers from Barcycard. Not particularly good ones 12 months 0% and 6.9% for life of balance. Lloyds are offering far better!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure