Advise needed on CCJ

2»

Comments

• Mumphali
    Mumphali Posts: 26 Forumite
    I assure you it is not sour grapes. I do not want anyone else to have to go through what i did.
    The governing body and the court have both sided with me. I just want to understand what the full process is so he cannot try and get out of this and think he can treat any others like this. I have kept my professional integrity throughout. I have never had a complaint about my work ethic or its substance and he broke a contract by refusing to pay for my work, he then tried to accuse me of the work being sub standard, but his colleague testified to that not being the case. This person has had previous complaints against him, yet I never have. Is it not a moral duty that I ensure he deals with the consequences of his lies and actions?
  • sambaird
    sambaird Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Mumphali wrote: »
    Is it not a moral duty that I ensure he deals with the consequences of his lies and actions?

No, it isn’t. That is for the courts and your professional body - which as you have already said have sided with you.

The court has ordered that the business pay you what they owe (plus any fees). That is the end of the story as far as the courts are concerned. If you want to be paid, go down the enforcement route.

As far as the professional body are concerned - have they taken action proportionate to the offence? If they have, then again... nothing further for them to do unless they have a monitoring period.

Exactly what do you want to happen on top of this? At some stage, you’re going to have to accept that s... happens and sometimes people get away with it - at least they haven’t gotten away without a judgement to pay.
  • If this person commits another fraudulent act or worse still through his actions harms or injures another person, I would not forgive myself for not having done enough. Like I said, I have a moral obligation here as well. The body have him working under restrictions
  • Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    What exactly do you want to do?
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure