Hotel reservation cancellation

Options
2»

Comments

• bradders1983
    Options
    baza52 wrote: »
    can you not cancel the 2nd booking and just use the first one as its next door. seems a lot less hassle
    I would assume the same non-refundable caveat also applies to the 2nd one as well
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Matt305 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed though. I do use this chain a lot, especially through work trips, so I suppose, depending on the outcome, I my be chosing to stay elsewhere.

So are you a member of the Accor loyalty programme and at what level ? You may get some flex through their loyalty chat.

Presumably given the price this is for a specific event (or you're staying for a month) ? If so then some personal contact rather than email might gain more traction if they're certain to sell it
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,316 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Matt305 wrote: »
    My problem, which is heartbreaking, is that Ibis have refused to refund the first reservation, despite accepting that the rooms are cancelled (and can therefore be re-sold) and despite the fact I booked at the Ibis next door for the same dates and for more money.

I emailed Accor and they’ve refused to budge. I can’t believe they’d be so cruel. This was simple hotel name confusion between extremely similar places and it happened all on the app within moments. Is there anything I can do. The current bill on my credit card is crippling without a refund of the first booking.

:think:
    I can certainly understand your frustration, but I do think 'heartbreaking' and 'cruel' is a bit OTT TBH

We all make mistakes. Sometimes we're lucky and it's easily resolved, other times we're not and have to consider it a 'learning experience'...

Anecdotally, it would appear that booking using an app does have far more potential for mistakes to be made.

But I do hope you get some kind of acceptable resolution :)
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • CM66
    CM66 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just highlights the importance of reading the conditions BEFORE you book and BEFORE you cancel!!
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    baza52 wrote: »
    can you not cancel the 2nd booking and just use the first one as its next door. seems a lot less hassle

The first booking is cancelled.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    What services did the budget version back not offer that the non budget does?

Was it worth cancelling given you'd be literally next door & you'd booked the non refundable rate?
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What services did the budget version back not offer that the non budget does?

Was it worth cancelling given you'd be literally next door & you'd booked the non refundable rate?

Academic now, since its already done.
    No useful advice OP, other than trying to plead your case with a real person rather than a corporate bod.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure