TV Licensing harassment letters

Comments

• k2150
    k2150 Posts: 71 Forumite
    The over 75's used to be exempt from buying a TV licence but it looks like the BBC are set to scrap the concession in 2020. A TV Licence ensures you will experience a happy after-life with uninterrupted Coronation Street re-runs in Heaven. If you're sent to the other place, tough luck, they don't have Argos ... RIP
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 January 2019 at 5:58PM
    First post on here for 18 months. You have to ask why?
  • barvid wrote: »
    I bought a new TV in December and - as they are obliged to do - John Lewis wrote to TV Licensing to tell them.

Rubbish..... notifying TV Licensing ended years ago.
  • Labsuper
    Labsuper Posts: 266 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Rubbish..... notifying TV Licensing ended years ago.

The post you quote is from 2007!
  • ffox
    ffox Posts: 53 Forumite
    So you've bought a tele have you, I'm telein'...
  • I clicked on this and read the post but being new didn't realise how old the post was! Surely the forum should be closing posts this old? Is some of the information it contains not out of date now?
  • Hello.. could someone help me draft a letter up to send to the TV Licence people please..
    They continue to harass me with threats and visits and i am a very poorly person with having severe migraines constantly from a cyst on the brain plus other disability and always too ill to talk or find the right words to them, i do not watch any BBC at all full stop, or watch tv and do not know the correct words to send to them.. please help.. many thanks :cry
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Suggest visiting your local Citizens Advice to draft a letter for you .
    If you do not watch live TV that is .
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You could also speak with your MP, who will write to them on your behalf.

Alternatively, either of the skeleton letters in post #231 should still work.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,618 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    SRussell wrote: »
    i do not watch any BBC at all full stop, or watch tv and do not know the correct words to send to them.. please help.. many thanks :cry

You may not actually watch TV, but do you have one or for example do you watch live TV programmes on another device. If either you need a TV licence.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback