Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hvklav
    • By hvklav 10th Jan 19, 1:09 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    hvklav
    Smart water meter - Thames Water refuses to install
    • 10th Jan 19, 1:09 PM
    Smart water meter - Thames Water refuses to install 10th Jan 19 at 1:09 PM
    I have a question I was hoping someone could help with. I'm currently in a flat with a water meter, but taking meter readings is a bit of a hassle.

My supplier, Thames Water, is installing smart meters and that would ideal, as it would do away with the need for the meter readings. I asked if they could replace mine but they told me no.

They said they're only installing smart meters when they're converting a non-metered supply to a metered supply. Anyone who already has an old-school meter will get one when they replace the existing one at the end of its life (in my case, probably not for another 15+ years).

I think this is a bit preposterous. Is there anyway I could appeal to some organisation or other to get them to change their mind?
Page 1
    • societys child
    • By societys child 11th Jan 19, 4:02 PM
    • 5,810 Posts
    • 6,612 Thanks
    societys child
    • 11th Jan 19, 4:02 PM
    • 11th Jan 19, 4:02 PM
    Is there anyway I could appeal to some organisation or other to get them to change their mind?
    Very doubtful.
    The EU
    A government who don't have a country, is that why they want ours?
    • jk0
    • By jk0 11th Jan 19, 9:24 PM
    • 2,678 Posts
    • 25,903 Thanks
    jk0
    • 11th Jan 19, 9:24 PM
    • 11th Jan 19, 9:24 PM
    I have a question I was hoping someone could help with. I'm currently in a flat with a water meter, but taking meter readings is a bit of a hassle.

My supplier, Thames Water, is installing smart meters and that would ideal, as it would do away with the need for the meter readings. I asked if they could replace mine but they told me no.

They said they're only installing smart meters when they're converting a non-metered supply to a metered supply. Anyone who already has an old-school meter will get one when they replace the existing one at the end of its life (in my case, probably not for another 15+ years).

I think this is a bit preposterous. Is there anyway I could appeal to some organisation or other to get them to change their mind?
    Originally posted by hvklav

Tell them you've got a disability that makes taking readings difficult.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

440Posts Today

5,402Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • These scams are nothing to do with bitcoin. They are just scams. My view on bitcoin (though a little old now) a? https://t.co/i6rRIOr5hk

• SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! I have nothing to do with 'Bitcoin trading' or any get rich quick type advert or scheme. Don't t? https://t.co/WjitDxAc26

• Now I've heard it all. Apparently my politics is dictated by who follows me! You couldn't make this up. PS and for? https://t.co/hoPf6Jp34N

• Follow Martin