PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Comments

• I have claimed against HSBC for PPI mis selling on a small business loan. They knew from previous correspondence that I intended to claim for PPI on another SBL and possibly a mortgage account.
    They have now sent me a letter upholding my complaint and offered me a sum of approx £560 as full and final settlement of all three claims with a breakdown of the amounts on each. This is a tax paid offer.
    I have the feeling that this is a 'wave some money at them and they'll go away' offer. Should I decline?
    I cannot find any advice on this stage of the procedure in the article. The MSE site has understandably got so big it can be tricky to find what you're looking for. Thanks for any advice.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,804 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have claimed against HSBC for PPI mis selling on a small business loan. They knew from previous correspondence that I intended to claim for PPI on another SBL and possibly a mortgage account.
    They have now sent me a letter upholding my complaint and offered me a sum of approx £560 as full and final settlement of all three claims with a breakdown of the amounts on each. This is a tax paid offer.
    I have the feeling that this is a 'wave some money at them and they'll go away' offer. Should I decline?
    I cannot find any advice on this stage of the procedure in the article. The MSE site has understandably got so big it can be tricky to find what you're looking for. Thanks for any advice.

Do you have proof you paid more? If so, provide that and ask for them to be recalculate the refund. They are obliged to pay a refund of all PPI premiums and associated interest, if they do not have records then you can provide your own proof.
  • Hi, I want to put in a claim for a card protection payment from a company called CPP which I got through HSBC 20 years ago.

I can't find the company on the form. Should I complete the form for HSBC?

Thanks
  • Pre-2005 CPP complaints should go to the seller of the insurance. For post 2005 complaints, the refund scheme has long since been wound up..
  • Thanks Nasqueron. I do still have statements from when these loans where in force and paperwork on the completion of repayments but I don't think it specifies PPI separately.
    I will check it over and then maybe ask for a letter confirming that this covers all the PPI.
    The letter they have sent me is significant for what it doesn't say rather than what is does say.
    Thanks again
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,804 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks Nasqueron. I do still have statements from when these loans where in force and paperwork on the completion of repayments but I don't think it specifies PPI separately.
    I will check it over and then maybe ask for a letter confirming that this covers all the PPI.
    The letter they have sent me is significant for what it doesn't say rather than what is does say.
    Thanks again

If PPI was not shown separately for a loan it would be single premium (where the PPI is included with the loan so you pay interest on it) so yes send them copies of everything and ask them to look into it again. You have the right to refer to the FOS if you disagree with their interpretation
  • Thanks again Nasqueron.
    I understand. I will do what you suggest. There has to be some reward for cluttering up my filing system with all these old bank statements and loan paperwork!
    They seem to work on a 8-10 week response time , so while they are considering that I have some other possible reclaims on which I can start the ball rolling.
    Thanks for your assistance.
  • I was made bankrupt in 2012, I received number of calls about PPI claims. I asked the Receiver's office could I claim they said no. I know some PPI was nothing to do with any of the debts included in the bankruptcy. Why hasnt the Receiver claimed the PPI and paid to off some of the debts? Does everyone know this information. And is this information correct by the Receiver? Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    The information is correct.

Bankruptcy means neither side gets to chase the other.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I was made bankrupt in 2012, I received number of calls about PPI claims. I asked the Receiver's office could I claim they said no.
    You can read a very detailed explanation of how and why this is correct here:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3766585

Sorry.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport