Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• GregK2
    GregK2 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Chelsea83 wrote: »
    Bulb is overpriced ... they have one of most expensive high standing charge, and tarif is variable so ... it can be story again with (already medium rates) to becaome high rates per unit. ( them 100 credit vanish in 10 months - so NO thank you :cool:

I have just switched to Utility Point. Everybody should do your own calculation

No...not joking. :huh:
    If there's one thing I've learned from being with OFTM is that cheapest tariff is definitely not always worth it. I signed up to Bulb with a £100 referral so very pleased as it works out cheapest for me with that included. And not even going to shamelessly spam my own referral here ;)
    I wish you luck with Utility Point, I looked at them briefly but decided against.
  • minislim
    minislim Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    MSE to help you should go one step further than just warning.

blank it out so users cannot physically switch on cheap energy club.

if the person really wants to go with them they can go direct.
  • Here is my experience of OTM so far:
    Very poor communication on signing up. 2.5 months before the start date was confirmed and no bills for 2.5 months either. Website was terrible.
    Multiple emails about DD increases, all a bit different, some with their own email address wrong. No emails are ever responded to. None.
    Managed to get through to a customer services rep on the phone about the doubling of my DD. He said they base it on last 2 year's of use and have no discretion to reduce. He could not tell me what the energy use of my flat actually was for the last two years.
    I asked to escalate my issue. He said that they don't do that so I asked to complain instead. He promised I would be phoned within a week by a rep. I haven't been. Tomorrow is the last day that my DD can be amended before the money goes out and no sign of OTM doing anything.
    I will be switching to the next cheapest supplier in January unless they get in touch and address my concerns.

Enjoy your cheap energy folks!
  • tac1980 wrote: »
    I switched to OFTM from Bulb in November, I think I got the first email about rate hikes just before my cooling off period ended.. but thought, hey they're still fairly cheap... Then just after the cooling off period is over I get the emails about direct debit changes (that were miscalculated and higher than they should have been) and then the further hikes.
    Luckily my initial payment of £56 went out on the 21st, before they had hiked everything. Anyway, the confused way they handled the DD stuff set my alarm bells ringing, so initiated switch to Octopus (share.octopus.energy/anew-quoll-957 for £50 each by the way ;-) ) this has gone smoothly so far and is set to complete on the 20th December. But my super big DD to OFTM is due on the 21st.... I suspect the £56 I paid as first payment will not quite be enough to cover my usage, but the next direct debit of around £96 will be WAY too much.. obviously what OFTM should do is not take this big amount, calculate my final bill, and take whatever small amount is needed. What I expect them to do is take the full £96 and take forever (if at all) to refund me...
    So do I cancel the direct debit or not? I hear they are randomly deducting "fines" from people who are attempting to cancel direct debits ...

You should edit this out and post on the Referrals Board:)
  • beardiedog wrote: »
    You should edit this out and post on the Referrals Board:)

Fair play. Done.

My current thinking is to cancel my DD on the 20th, the day I officially switch (and 1 day before it goes out)
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,593 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I did what I would expect a lot of people did and switched to OFTM and let CEC keep track of whether it would be cheaper to switch elsewhere.

However as OFTM have been wholesale switching everyone onto new versions of their tariff rather than varying the rate of the one you were on, the CEC has been comparing against a tariff I was no longer on.

Maybe it's my own fault, but I expected CEC to do the work for me. OFTM only have a couple of tariffs, there is no reason why it couldn't be done.

I complained to the CEC and they didn't seem to care. Watch out, it seems it's not the fire and forget solution I was led to believe it was.
  • I've been with OFTM since January, my DD has been £26 until the first of the recent changes when it went up to £45.50. At the end of November I was £35 in debit (mainly due to them overcharging me on the monthly fee)

The January one has increased to £157. I complained and they've now amended it to £122/£81 saying:- These Direct Debit values are a forecast based on your consumption patterns to date.

Total nonsense.

I switched to EDF three weeks ago but it was blocked. I paid off the debit and some extra and have tried another switch with British Gas.

BG tell me today the switch is progressing without problems.
  • I switched to Outfox the Market on 30th October 2018 on the basis that they were cheaper than my current supplier.

Since then I have had multiple emails informing me of pricing changes as follows:
    • 30/10/2018 - Annual cost of £553.44 (based on quote obtained via MSE)
    • 14/11/2018 - Annual cost of £936.78
    • 15/11/2018 - Annual cost of £691.80
    • 22/11/2018 - Annual cost of £553.38
    • 02/12/2018 - Annual cost of £714.00

If I had known that they were going to amend their prices every few weeks and the annual cost would be so significantly increased, I would not have switched to them.

I feel duped by the company which gave me a quote which prompted me to switch (and pay a termination fee of £60 on my previous contract), then hiked their prices.

So annoyed with myself for switching to this company :mad:

• Now thankfully free of OFTM and with BG via CEC. It took about three weeks. I just need to get my outstanding credit back from OFTM, but not holding my breath.
  • My address on gas meter database is different from my actual address (council renamed the property address a couple of year ago).
    They were happy to accept me in when I have explained this.
    However as I now wish to switch away the new providers are nit happy to accept me .
    So I am stuck with this laughing stock.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure