New guitar

2»

Comments

• One word: Ibanez

Or at least it was always that way, when I was last looking to buy an electric guitar. And this poster can only trust Ibanez have kept their reputation going, in the few years since I last bought one, to this day.

In other words, of the widely established manufacturers, Ibanez seemed to have no interest of in making 'nothing much to write home about' guitars, simply to make their expensive models look better.

Every model of guitar that Ibanez makes, from their cheap to their expensive models, has that assured stamp of quality, oozing through every inch of its being. You, can't, in other words, go wrong with an Ibanez. Trust others who've owned an Ibanez would agree and HTH someone, even if a lil' late to the thread (with apologies) for the OP.

Sounds just like someone who works in the Ibanez marketing department. Ibanez guitars are no better than any other reputable brand and just like other brands some people love them, some hate them.

The Op would be better advised to go to music shops and try some guitars out rather than blindly quoting specific brands.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • I have an acoustic guitar. It is much relaible to use.

Really, care to elaborate?

Routine maintenance on a hardtail (non trem/whammy bar) electric guitar is very simple, changing strings is a doddle compared to acoustic guitars, especially nylon strung classical guitars and electric guitars (barring floyd rose type set ups) are much easier to set up your self, you can raise and lower the action to taste and they are easy to intonate, these jobs on an acoustic guitar would almost certainly involve paying a luthier.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • Amazing range of guitars for auction here:

https://guitar-auctions.co.uk

Next auction December, just in time for Xmas! :)
  • Really, care to elaborate?

Routine maintenance on a hardtail (non trem/whammy bar) electric guitar is very simple, changing strings is a doddle compared to acoustic guitars, especially nylon strung classical guitars and electric guitars (barring floyd rose type set ups) are much easier to set up your self, you can raise and lower the action to taste and they are easy to intonate, these jobs on an acoustic guitar would almost certainly involve paying a luthier.

I've had an acoustic guitar I bought new in 2007, I've never had to adjust intonation or string height ever. It has performed perfectly every time I have used it, and I've used it a lot. So much so, I've worn a hole through the top from strumming. It's still going strong.
  • andygb
    andygb Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I have a couple of electric guitars, a Yamaha Pacifica which is over twenty years old and a Squier Strat which I bought off Ebay for £40. Both have maple necks with a rosewood fingerboard, a combination which I prefer. I don't play as much as I did, but the Squier really surprised me particularly after putting in a new set of strings.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure