Add your feedback on energy supplier White Rose Energy

Options
MSE_Andrew
MSE_Andrew Posts: 173 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
edited 5 January 2021 at 4:08PM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
White Rose Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did you switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 October 2016 at 3:51PM
    Options
    White Rose Energy is a brand owned by Leeds City Council and operated under regulated licence by Robin Hood Energy Limited, registered in England and Wales.
    Company Number: 08053212. Registered Office: Loxley House, Station Street, Nottingham, NG2 3NG. VAT Number: 204 8309

In the abscence of any other feedback, probably if you look at the Robin Hood Energy feedback thread, you will get a good idea :)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5320333

Edit: Btw, the info above come from the White Rose Energy website
    https://www.whiteroseenergy.co.uk/
    and I can see for starters that the VAT number is incorrect/incomplete ;)
  • Rachel_Pig
    Options
    I have just decided to switch to this provider based on the projections on this website. However, after signing up I noticed that their projections were vastly different to the MSE figures. So much so that I would be paying more rather than less!

The quoted unit rate for electricity is 10.707 on MSE but White Rose (Robin Hood) site states 14.0493
    The quoted unit rate for gas was 2.702 on MSE but on White Rose (Robin Hood) was 3.1532

I understand that the onus is on me to check these things, but how can the provider get away with changing the price on a 'fixed' tariff? Or have MSE just got it wrong?
  • wolliff
    Options
    i have also looked at switching to White Rose [ from extra Energy] - based on the figures on MSE - again they have increased from what MSE indicated by quite a high percentage.from a lower unit rate to 14.05p per kwh - although the standing charge of 19.98p per day was in the " ball park".

This supplier limits energy to the Yorkshire area [ which i am part of] but i dont know why MSE has such a large variation to that of the energy provider. I am surprised & disappointed as i have been a supporter of MSE for many years.

Summats Up !!
  • wolliff
    Options
    I agree Rachel Pig - the figures from the two sources [ White Rose & MSE] are totally different. Sadly may have to stay with Extra Energy as their prices are very competitive V1 [ Nov 2017] Fixed Price - although their general service is quite poor. Unfortunately White Rose has no service record - and as their costs are much higher... then better the devil you know........
  • KeithJohnAlger
    Options
    Every time I try to use the website it throws up an error, telling me that there is info missing even though everything is filled out!
  • Sj32
    Sj32 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I switched to White Rose in February and haven't experienced any issues, which is a first! The switch was completed quickly and overall I have no cause for complaint. The only niggle is that reminders for meter readings are sent to my online account but not email so I missed it. Not received a bill yet so can't comment fully but so far so good.
  • grumpygardener
    Options
    As WhiteRose Energy bill monthly you have to read your meters every month, which for me means lying down on my pantry floor to read very small digital displays. Last year when I was with British Gas they installed Smart Meters, which are only smart when you're a BG customer. I wish I'd never agreed to have the Stupid Meters installed.
  • Phil_754
    Options
    I am coming to the end of a fairly uneventful year with White Rose Energy. However, On trying to log on to my account I find it blocked. I telephoned and was told that the online account has been closed because I am moving to a different provider. Having moved several times, I have never experienced this before - generally having access to accounts for several weeks after closure. White Rose have binned me out before I have given an opening meter reading to my new supplier! I feel quite strongly that they should not be able to do this but am not sure who or how to take up the issue.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Phil_754 wrote: »
    I am coming to the end of a fairly uneventful year with White Rose Energy. However, On trying to log on to my account I find it blocked. I telephoned and was told that the online account has been closed because I am moving to a different provider. Having moved several times, I have never experienced this before - generally having access to accounts for several weeks after closure. White Rose have binned me out before I have given an opening meter reading to my new supplier! I feel quite strongly that they should not be able to do this but am not sure who or how to take up the issue.

Hi - welcome to the forum. What you have experienced is not unusual in my experience. Once the losing supplier is notified by industry that a supply transfer is in progress, the account is normally locked as the losing supplier must ignore all meter readings given once the switch has been initiated. What exactly are you worried about?

The gaining supplier manages the transfer. The meter readings that you give will be verified and passed back to both suppliers to open and close accounts. The losing supplier has 6 weeks from the actual date of transfer to raise a Final Bill. All you need to do is to check that the two suppliers have used the same reading to open and close your accounts.
  • Phil_754
    Options
    Hi Hengus, My previous experience must be "unusual"
    Certainly my last two suppliers - Eon and Ovo - allowed me to access my account history long after the switch had been completed.As the company I am switching to this time has a very poor customer service rating, I was hoping to be able to monitor the switch by accessing my White Rose Account. As it is, I shall probably phone them every few days to see how things are going from their end.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure