Halifax PPI

TheBlueMohawk
TheBlueMohawk Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 15 October 2018 at 2:18PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Slightly odd one, my ex wife has obviously looked into if she had any PPI mis sold to her in the past.

I randomly get a company call me to say that during that investigation Halifax showed that I had PPI on one or more of my account and did I want to get them to help.

At the time I said no, but having read a bit of the forums I thought why not do it myself.

I filled in the the Halifax page with the details i knew, they have now sent me two letters (one for credit cards and one for mortgages) asking for tons of information.

I have/had 8 mortgages with them and 3 credit cards, they won't tell me which ones had it on.

Obviously it would take a while to cross reference what details i have (limited) at the time of taking out each policy.

Any advice?

For almost all of them I would have been self employed and had no idea i was taking out PPI or what that even was.
I also should have a lump sum accident and sickness policy running throughout (need to check dates) independently.

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Give them the information you remember. Don't make anything up.

Self employment isn't an automatic mis sale reason and not knowing you had it is also generally unlikely, as it was on your statements and paperwork.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Halifax mortgages are easy to know if you have PPI with as you would have a standalone direct debit to the insurance policy. Halifax TMPP. However, that policy may be life assurance, critical illness, income protection and/or MPPI.

Credit cards are pretty easy too if you still hold them as PPi on credit cards appears as a transaction on the statement. You get a statement each month. So, would know if you had it or not.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • These are mainly all old shut accounts now. From 2002-2010 ish so unlikely to have the statements.

I'll just fill it all in and see what they say.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure