NatWest £125 switching bonus

Options

Comments

• ess0two
    ess0two Posts: 3,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No such thing as a dumb question in my book.
    Unfortunately the Current Account Switch Service (CASS) does exactly that, switches current accounts. Savings account cannot be switched under the scheme, and cannot be used to get the switch bonus

Cheers, as there's no requirement to fund each month? within the terms, thought a savings account switch might swing it.
    Official MR B fan club,dont go............................
  • alandaniel132
    Options
    moor426 wrote: »

sorry, my mistake. Yes, also applied to Select account with no monthly fees.

Natwest start with £125, then to £100 and now £125 again.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ess0two wrote: »
    Cheers, as there's no requirement to fund each month? within the terms, thought a savings account switch might swing it.

If you open a Select account there's no monthly fee, or monthly minimum pay in required except for the £1500 required for the switch bonus. If you want the Reward account, there is a £2 monthly fee and £1500 monthly pay in required, but you get some perks including 2% cashback on household bills paid by direct debit.

Unless you want to keep it as your main account, I'd opt for the Select account and then once you've switched and gotten your bonus, keep it open to use as a dummy account for the next switching bonus down the line
  • Missmarie
    Options
    Hello and good evening. Now I am furious. I know for a fact I posted here yesterday and said thank you for sharing this information and that I had opened an account at Royal Bank. Some nasty piece of work has saw fit to get my post removed. You want to take a good lookj at yourself. If this is a day in the life on here, I will go back to Tripadvisor forums. RUDE
  • societys_child
    Options
    Missmarie wrote: »
    Hello and good evening. Now I am furious. I know for a fact I posted here yesterday and said thank you for sharing this information and that I had opened an account at Royal Bank. Some nasty piece of work has saw fit to get my post removed. You want to take a good lookj at yourself. If this is a day in the life on here, I will go back to Tripadvisor forums. RUDE
    That sounds strange Marie.
    When the forum team contacted you by private message, what reason did they give?
  • Woolco
    Woolco Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just to warn you all about this rubbish offer. Applied, got accepted. Put in my old bank (Santander) but they rejected the switch and RBS Group sent a text message asking me to call in. Done this just now and got put through to someone. Explained I wanted to give the correct account number and she said you are too late for the £125. If I want to close the account I have to write a letter. They want shutting down. I hope they go bankrup.
  • deadendwaterfall
    Options
    I've just set up a Barclays account as a switching 'mule' to get the NatWest offer and possibly other bank's switching offers in future, but based on Woolco's post, am I wasting my time bothering with NatWest at least? :(
    :o
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Woolco wrote: »
    Explained I wanted to give the correct account number and she said you are too late for the £125. If I want to close the account I have to write a letter. They want shutting down. I hope they go bankrup.

Why is it NatWest's fault if you gave the wrong account number?
  • societys_child
    Options
    Woolco wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Just to warn you all about this rubbish offer. Applied, got accepted. Put in my old bank (Santander) but they rejected the switch and RBS Group sent a text message asking me to call in. Done this just now and got put through to someone. Explained I wanted to give the correct account number and she said you are too late for the £125. If I want to close the account I have to write a letter. They want shutting down. I hope they go bankrup.
    Hi Woolco, no sure how you got it so wrong You gave them the wrong account number?

My application, and many many others went thorough just fine, not so rubbish for most . . :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure