Settlements - how much should I ask for?

Options

Comments

• seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    That sounds uncannily like another thread on here, but from the other side and further along in the process.

Workplace romance seems to cause an awful lot of trouble.
  • bonnielass18
    Options
    Yea I read that and panicked as I thought they were on here!! I guess that it happen much more than we know
  • Ozzuk
    Ozzuk Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It does sound likely you were treated really badly, but can you prove it was because you are a woman? If a guy complained another guy was contacting his wife would they do the same?

Doesn't seem a very strong case based on what you've said, but without that solid proof you can't claim anything.
  • bonnielass18
    Options
    The men all stick together. Another bug bear of mine. Three of them sat down with HR and decided that I should be disciplined.

The most annoying part of it was the innapropriate conversations they said I had with one of the men - neither of which happened in the way he said they happened. And I do not feel they were inappropriate at all given the nature of some of the things they talk about.
  • bonnielass18
    Options
    A point in my grievance was that they wouldn!!!8217;t complain about one of the men in that manner so why me. I do feel that a man in my position would have been treated with differently. Especially as they have not sought to hear my side of the story
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    P.s. the solicitor is working on a no win no fee right now however if it does go to tribunal, that might change. He is expecting that they will settle however

My employees was a no win no fee solicitor as well.

I'm not trying to scare you off, just that was my experience.
  • bonnielass18
    Options
    No not at all, I appreciate the input.

I do not wish to be flogging a dead horse. I feel like I have a strong case however I have a very bias view (!!!55358;!!!56631;!!!55356;!!!57340;!!!8205;!!!9792;!!!65039;!!!9786;!!!65039;) and solicitor feels I have a strong case.

However do I actually have a strong case or is he taking a chance that they will settle to avoid the hassle.
  • bonnielass18
    Options
    Oh emojis do not work either... ok
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The men all stick together. Another bug bear of mine. Three of them sat down with HR and decided that I should be disciplined.

The most annoying part of it was the innapropriate conversations they said I had with one of the men - neither of which happened in the way he said they happened. And I do not feel they were inappropriate at all given the nature of some of the things they talk about.
    Can you elaborate?
  • bonnielass18
    Options
    He said I kept asking about a matter in his personal life and that wasn!!!8217;t the case. We have talked about it but he spoke really openly about it, I certainly don!!!8217;t have an unhealthy interest in it.

He also changed a conversation we had to sound like it was a really sexual and sleazy conversation and it wasn!!!8217;t even a sexual one. I!!!8217;m not if he!!!8217;s misunderstood what I was saying or if it was deliberate.

This was a 1 on 1 convo I had with one guy in particular
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport