• littlefred169
    Options
    Thanks MRN :)
    Original MF Date = July 2034
    Current MF Date = July 2025
    Target = April 2025
  • littlefred169
    Options
    I hope everyone had a nice christmas. Mine was good until I had to go to work! Although my mum breaking her arm falling over some leaves on christmas eve wasn't the best and meant I ended up cooking christmas dinner! Not what I planned but hey ho.
    Target = April 2025
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi littlefred only just caught up with your diary, sorry to hear about your mum and i hope she is ok. Glad to hear your good news re the job though, thats fantastic! Wishing you a happy new year :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS Posts: 7,833 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 28 December 2012 at 8:48AM
    Options
    Morning LittleFred, hope your mum is feeling a little better. I bet she was mightily relieved you were there take over the cooking.

Best wishes for a frugalistic 2013

Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Oh dear, poor mum, hope she's on the mend xx
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • littlefred169
    Options
    I think she was very relieved I was there to cook as my dad is hopeless with practical things bless him. Mum is doing OK but just getting annoyed with her cast as she can't do things. She's supposed to rest it but never will as when she was told this she saluted the doctor with that arm :rotfl:

I'm at work again and my sleeping patterns are all over hte plac at the moment so currently sleeping when tired but when I'm awake I feel tired and don't want to do anything!! Well it's my last night on Monday for a couple of weeks so hopefully some kind of normality can be restored.
    Target = April 2025
  • *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations on the job news. Hope your mum is doing ok. I had a crafting accident before Christmas and ended up with 3 stitches in my index finger with a cut over an inch long. It was a real pain trying to get stuff done so your mum must be getting really fed up with an arm out of action.
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • littlefred169
    Options
    She's very fed up as she's a very active person. Not be able to drive is the most irritating thing. Cue daughter's taxi!

I've also done some christmas and birthday shopping today for next year in the sales online but I made sure I didn't go too mad!
    Target = April 2025
  • *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds like you're being a great help. Thankfully OH and I are both on holidays so he has been driving me about.
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • littlefred169
    Options
    I went to show my new job people my certificates and ID etc. as it is a normal working day around here and they shut at 3pm and when did I get there? 3.15 :mad: It's not like I drove into the centre and paid for my parking or anything.
    Target = April 2025
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills