PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

articlealert2_banner.gif

Hi all, this thread is for discussing the
PPI Reclaiming
article.

This is Part 5 of the discussion, as the last one was so long (read parts one, two, three and four). To discuss or ask a question about this article, click 'post reply'.

To read about non FOS claims read this thread.
Report and read success stories in this thread
Please remember:
We're often quite laid back about discussion threads as this is a community after all.
I'm afraid in the case of the PPI Reclaiming thread we're really going to have to ask you to keep the discussion on topic though, so that people can find the relevant information quickly and easily.
If you do start making like-minded friends on here and would like to carry on chatting about what you did at the weekend/what you ate for dinner etc, that's fine, but the best way to do that is to go to our local pub the MoneySavers Arms where anything and everything is chatted about, start a thread there, then pop a link in here and suggest you all head over to there to chat.

Thanks,

MSE Rose

Comments

• Ok i'll start,

I have not made a claim yet and after reading this board am thinking seriously about claiming.

I had two loans from HSBC over the years both having PPI, I just cant remmeber about how I agreed to them or anything, so im at a loss on what to say about my claim.

Also I have an HSBC credit card, I have been paying PPI for many years on this and did not realise I was paying this until a few months ago, I then promptly cancelled it.

A person on another thread said he just called there customer services and put in a claim over the phone.

I'm totally thick when it comes to things like this and not sure what to say, any help in what i say and any other help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris.
  • Thanks for this I was in the last week of my probationary period before I was taken on full time if memory serves. I was in full time employment after that and said with the company for almost 4 years.
    It's all so confusing.... and it's over £2,000 I didn't need to pay I still have all my paperwork and everything
  • i just spoke to cap one again over the phone and they cant provide me with any proof i ticked the box for ppi cant say im surpised
  • cappo
    cappo Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    Thanks for this I was in the last week of my probationary period before I was taken on full time if memory serves. I was in full time employment after that and said with the company for almost 4 years.
    It's all so confusing.... and it's over £2,000 I didn't need to pay I still have all my paperwork and everything

Put in a claim gemster.
  • cappo
    sassyone19 wrote: »
    i just spoke to cap one again over the phone and they cant provide me with any proof i ticked the box for ppi cant say im surpised

Hi sassy i would suggest if they cannot prove this i would give them the option of making you an offer before it gets sent to the fos.
  • cappo
    Evileddie wrote: »
    Ok i'll start,

I have not made a claim yet and after reading this board am thinking seriously about claiming.

I had two loans from HSBC over the years both having PPI, I just cant remmeber about how I agreed to them or anything, so im at a loss on what to say about my claim.

Also I have an HSBC credit card, I have been paying PPI for many years on this and did not realise I was paying this until a few months ago, I then promptly cancelled it.

A person on another thread said he just called there customer services and put in a claim over the phone.

I'm totally thick when it comes to things like this and not sure what to say, any help in what i say and any other help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris.

Hi chris, check this info out

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#step3

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-credit-card-insurance#step2
  • Evening all - I have had a response from capital one "following a complete investigation into your complaint we are confident that the policy was sold appropriately. During your Internet application you clearly indicated that you wanted to purchase the policy and from the information provided you were able to do so" beckon telephone conversation took place? But I had pretty much no idea what I was getting do I still stand a chance of getting this back?
  • dilus
    dilus Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    My name is Amersall not
    Quote:
    the general consensus is

you know i am only kidding

I think General Amersall sounds good :D;)
    Successes
    Sainsbury's/BOS £6,400 Paid :)
    MBNA £3,600 Paid :)
  • im gonna ask this question again didn't get a answer and just wondered if anyone can help :)

ok so after finally sending my complaint to the right address Santander sent a offer letter today for a old cahoot flexible loan. stating the following:

Refund of payments from December 2002 (when I took loan out) until January 2004 (this is when they say I stoppped making ppi payments) the girl said on the phone I may have not been paying enough back to qualify for making ppi payments?? though I always paid the minimum amount if not more would they not always make a charge for ppi if it was taken out against the loan no matter if I was making minimum payments required....no idea just find it strange tho I could of cancelled the PPi at this point pretty sure I didn't.

the breakdown is as follows:

total premimums for 14 months £389, interest on this £303 and the lost interest £4.15 total due £697....

Does anyone know if the £4.15 calculation for simple interest is right? at the end of the day I never finished paying the loan so it will go as redress to the balance but it was money I didn't have before so doesn't matter least its going to the debt.

It was a online loan so I didn't get any monthly statements sent so can't prove I paid PPI after Jan 04 though I am sure I was, I can't access the online account anymore cuz its closed.

suppose its another win for the consumer though however you look at it
  • cappo wrote: »
    Put in a claim gemster.

Thanks......If the total ppi I paid was £1396.50 on a £7,000.00 loan over 48 month wih apr of 8.8 any idea how muc i'd get back?

Gem

PS....do I try and go through Northern Rock or who the PPI was through a company called Pinnacle??
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback