import handling fee robbery

Options
ive just imported some goods and have been robbed by two handling companies..one company "daygard" charged me £600 fees just for handling the goods?..now this other company "fs McKenzie" after taking £1000 off me have stated that the customs want to examine my goods and i will have to pay storage fees for as long as this takes!!!!.£1000 just for a few phonecalls..i mean what does it take to import some goods?..im being robbed..ive paid the import duties on the said items but these extra charges are like being burgled.. they have my goods and want more money before they deliver them through no fault of my own? "daygard" reviews are abysmal but i didn't notice these until after i instructed them after receiving an email from them.is there anyone i can complain to? these companies must be making millions of other peoples misery.its just shocked me ill never import again someone please help

Comments

• rodney_beech
    Options
    no wonder they only accepted bank transfers for payment..i don't get it how easy it is to legally rob someone surely there must be an organisation out there who can help.how come i have to pay because customs want to examine my goods?..what if it takes 2 weeks? at £50 per day..ill be bankrupt help someone please help
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Is this a business transaction or a personal one?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ive just imported some goods and have been robbed by two handling companies..one company "daygard" charged me £600 fees just for handling the goods?..now this other company "fs McKenzie" after taking £1000 off me have stated that the customs want to examine my goods and i will have to pay storage fees for as long as this takes!!!!.£1000 just for a few phonecalls..i mean what does it take to import some goods?..im being robbed..ive paid the import duties on the said items but these extra charges are like being burgled.. they have my goods and want more money before they deliver them through no fault of my own? "daygard" reviews are abysmal but i didn't notice these until after i instructed them after receiving an email from them.is there anyone i can complain to? these companies must be making millions of other peoples misery.its just shocked me ill never import again someone please help

OP where did you import from, what was the total value of the order and what contractual agreement did you sign up to ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • mattyprice4004
    Options
    I import a lot from China, and unfortunately this is just how importing works - a lot of people don't realise this until they actually get the goods in port.

I've had to pay £240 per day storage due to a Customs issue before now, and £1300 just for the handling (of one shipment).

It's an expensive game!

Also, you're best waiting more than 3 minutes before replying to your own thread asking for help - you'll get replies, but not immediately as this board is run by volunteers giving up their free time to help.
  • Keep_pedalling
    Keep_pedalling Posts: 16,623 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    It’s not £1000 for a few phone calls, McKenzie are providing are providing storage and security for what appears to be a large shipment of stuff from China.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure