Halifax not sending credit card statements

Comments

• Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    You can print out the statement online if you are desperate for a paper copy for whatever reason, I think they are available even if you don't go paperless.
    I had to switch to paperless before Halifax would let me access the actual PDF statements online, but you can see the statement amount, minimum payment and due date online without going paperless.
  • colin79666
    colin79666 Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 October 2018 at 8:01PM
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    1) Other post arriving doesn't mean this wasn't lost
    2) Why don't you have a DD setup for at least the minimum so you don't have this issue?
    3) Waiting for a postal statement to see when to pay is asking for late payment fees and black marks on your record
    1. True but it does indicate all mail hasn't been redirected or stolen by a fraudster
    2. Setting up a DD wouldn't eliminate a missing statement, just ensure a payment is made to keep my credit report ok. In my case the Clarity card is a second card and not used some months so I chose not bother with a DD. I also had hassles with a DD in the past coming off even though I'd already paid in full.
    3. Not really as long as you are aware of the usual monthly dates and chase up as I did when the statement hasn't arrived.

I'm fortunate enough to have internet access, not everyone does and the card isn't an online only account so I don't accept comments from those implying that the customer should be doing it all electronically. Sure statements can go missing in the post but it looks like Halifax have had a wider issue and instead of admitting to it, sorting it out and apologising to those affected they are covering it up. That smells of something more serious like a fraudster at at their printers (perhaps outsourced) stealing statements or they have sent statements to the wrong addresses.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I setup a DD as soon as I was accepted for the Clarity card, I don't get a statement, I check it every month.

All this could have been avoided if a DD was setup.
  • colin79666
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    All this could have been avoided if a DD was setup.
    How does setting up a direct debit mean a paper statement makes it to a letterbox?
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    colin79666 wrote: »
    That smells of something more serious like a fraudster at at their printers (perhaps outsourced) stealing statements or they have sent statements to the wrong addresses.

Great conspiracy theory there.
  • colin79666
    Finally got a statement after the 3rd attempt. Clearly not printed in the same facility as the usual statements (different paper and mono only). Will see what happens this month.
  • Try powering on your computer and logging into online banking.

You can choose your own paper that way and even print in colour, in this day and age!
  • colin79666
    !!! wrote: »
    Try powering on your computer and logging into online banking.

You can choose your own paper that way and even print in colour, in this day and age!
    Nope. Halifax won't let you get a PDF statement unless you opt in to paperless statements.
  • ...so do that

You’ve not received a paper one anyway :)
  • Februarycat
    Februarycat Posts: 1,385 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    My October statement arrived last week, must have been a problem with the September ones.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure