Please note: The Auto-enrolment sub-board is now closed. If you have a question around pensions, please post in the Pensions, Annuities and Retirement Planning board.

Annual Allowance

Rob749
Rob749 Posts: 76
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Forumite
edited 8 August 2018 at 3:29PM in Auto-enrolment
Sorry, posted this in wrong place, don't know how to delete, have reposted now.

I've just retired on 20 July 2018, (age 70), and I'm not sure where I stand in relation the the AA, and hoping for some advice. I was in a final salary scheme which closed this year on March 31st. No problem with that, I have transferred it out as it is only a relatively small amount (5 yrs servic
The problem is that I joined the new company DC scheme run by Aviva. The company paid in a "transition" payment of £12000 to the scheme on April 1st, as part of a compensation package to former DB scheme members. Since then both my employer and I have been contributing to the new scheme under salary sacrifice up to my retirement date. The total in that new scheme is now £13800. I have earned in this tax year £6946 taxable gross.

I think I have unwittingly exceeded my AA, but not sure what to do next. I haven't received any notification from my old company scheme or Aviva. I have contacted the old company pension people and they say all they can do is provide a statement from 2017/18 of contributions and then I can use some complicated formula to work out the AA, to find out if I've exceeded it. Can someone please advise/help? Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure