Iii

Options

Comments

• planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    "Our secure services are unavailable
    Our secure services will be unavailable until Sunday afternoon due to planned development work. Please try again later.
    We’re sorry for any inconvenience."

i tend to agree masonic. and it's frustrating as i often don't get chance to check things on a friday night, and it's good to see how the week finished up with FTSE and Nasdaq shares.
  • grey_gym_sock
    grey_gym_sock Posts: 4,508 Forumite
    Options
    planteria wrote: »
    it's frustrating as i often don't get chance to check things on a friday night, and it's good to see how the week finished up with FTSE and Nasdaq shares.

perhaps ii have finally seen the light and are trying to discourage people from watching the markets too closely and over-trading :)

a big turn-around from when they introduced a quarterly fee because they "believe[d] that customers should be engaged with their investments and actively manage their portfolios".

... back in the real world, my ii (ex-td direct) account has been transferred to iweb and is "closed". i am told that this will not prevent the remaining dividends (which will trickle in) being automatically sent over to iweb.

i'm cultivating a zen-like indifference about exactly when those dividends arrive with iweb.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ... back in the real world, my ii (ex-td direct) account has been transferred to iweb and is "closed". i am told that this will not prevent the remaining dividends (which will trickle in) being automatically sent over to iweb.

Oh yeah? I won't rehearse my experience again - suffice it to say that I am still waiting for the last (albeit tiny) dividend paid on one of my funds on 28 March.

The fact that this was paid to II at all arose from an error made by them or their agents during the transfer process.

Incompetence, inefficiency and stone walling - I don't think I could ever again contemplate an "in specie" transfer.
  • grey_gym_sock
    grey_gym_sock Posts: 4,508 Forumite
    Options
    xylophone wrote: »
    Incompetence, inefficiency and stone walling - I don't think I could ever again contemplate an "in specie" transfer.

IMHO, what helps to survive this process is zen-like indifference (about how long it takes) :)
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    "We are unable to provide you with a cost disclosure document at the moment. By regulation, we are unable to allow purchases in this instrument."

<sigh>
  • goRt
    goRt Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's SIPP fee day today - has iii taken £96, no, it's taken £120 not the £96 notified.
    So yet more random admin.

I have a complaint open with FOS for errors that started in MAY LAST YEAR.
    I have HMRC all over it for the lack of P45 LAST DECEMBER - it produced the P45 last week as part of the FOS response.
    I have ICO all over it as it has failed to produce any secure messages under a SAR - that's 6 weeks overdue, it's promised the secure messages as part of the FOS settlement, I want them in advance so FOS can see the lies being told in its dealings with FOS (you have to wonder what FOS needs in looking into a complaint!)
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    goRt wrote: »
    I have a complaint open with FOS for errors that started in MAY LAST YEAR.
    I have HMRC all over it for the lack of P45 LAST DECEMBER - it produced the P45 last week as part of the FOS response.
    A P45 is a form summarising your employment income and tax paid when you leave a job. Presumably you are not an ex-employee of II and actually mean consolidated tax statement for your investment account (not relevant to SIPP or ISA accounts since investments within these are ignored for tax purposes).

The secure messaging system is very disappointing, taking a minimum of 2 days to get a response when properly investing in using this service would save them a lot of phone queries. All messages prior to the platform move have also been lost.

The FOS will have access to all correspondence between you and II. My experience is that II deals with an FOS adjudicator much more promptly and efficiently than they ever dealt with me.
  • goRt
    goRt Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    A P45 is a form summarising your employment income and tax paid when you leave a job. Presumably you are not an ex-employee of II and actually mean consolidated tax statement for your investment account (not relevant to SIPP or ISA accounts since investments within these are ignored for tax purposes).

The secure messaging system is very disappointing, taking a minimum of 2 days to get a response when properly investing in using this service would save them a lot of phone queries. All messages prior to the platform move have also been lost.

The FOS will have access to all correspondence between you and II. My experience is that II deals with an FOS adjudicator much more promptly and efficiently than they ever dealt with me.

As a pensioner, I'm treated as an 'employee' by iii and receive sporadic wage slips.
    When iii changed its back-end provider late last year it stated that that would trigger a P45 between the 2, it never did this, HMRC took compliance action.
    FOS has been able to get the P45 issued after 6 months.

If FOS had read any of the secure messages it wouldn't have 'adjudicated' how it has - it now wants "some time" to be able to tell me if it has read the messages and listened to the recordings - my default assumptions is it hasn't.
    Part of the compromise offered is that iii will release to me the secure messages it holds after I accept the offer.
    ICO can grind over it, I'll not accept a compromise that compromises me when I *know* the content of the messages and how bad they make iii look.
    The famous call from Josh (at the time head of complaints, now departed) springs to mind "after 24 hours of trying I've been unable to get the old or new pension backend to take my calls" - quality.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    IMHO, what helps to survive this process is zen-like indifference (about how long it takes)

Eight months on and my transfer is finally complete as the last dividend arrived today...for this relief much thanks...
  • JohnRo
    JohnRo Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    FWIW I never got the promised annual statement detailing the Dec '17 dividends credited after transfer.

To this day there is no official record, itemised or otherwise, available to me at II to show what those dividend payments were and when they were credited.

I can't be bothered chasing it up, they're worse than useless, just hope never to have to deal with them again.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure