The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,033 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Lots of sympathy from me. I seem to be burning the candle at both ends right now and work is constantly 'putting out fires'. I was exhausted yesterday but slept pretty well last night and it makes such a difference - as does a sunny day.

I came across an article the other day that advocates wearing socks to help you sleep! I'm trying it and I think it has an effect :D. Might be worth a try, though not if hot feet keep you awake. http://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/mindandbody/if-you-don%e2%80%99t-sleep-with-socks-on-here%e2%80%99s-why-you-should-start-tonight/ar-AArXjlK?ocid=sf

Keep your eyes open because other jobs sometimes turn up that turn out to be the perfect match for your character. I had to wait a while till I saw the advert for my current job, then I went for it with everything I had. I know it's currently a struggle but I'm not even looking elsewhere because when the current problems ease out of the system and the pressure is off, it will again be the best job in the world (for me). Talking of which... we need relief staff and I think you have our skill set. ;)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • The sun came out this afternoon where I am. I hope the sun came out for you too. I usually find after a few edgy days I sleep well and my mood improves. I hope it is that way for you too :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Thank you all. You're such sweeties.

My mood got better until I had the student from hell. My goodness, I have never lost my temper at work before but today I nearly lost it. Thank goodness I'm off tomorrow.

Tonight I have spent an hour in the garden. I may pop out for a minute or two more. It really makes me feel calmer.

I hope you have all had great days.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • What a difference a better nights sleep makes. It may be a coincidence but the time in the garden last night worked wonders. I slept like a log.

I still woke up feeling jittery which is daft but after a bit of MSE reading the old resolve came back. You know debt free, organised, fitter, doing work i love, decluttering........ I could go on and on. One issue i have is becomming completely focusseď on one thing and neglecting the rest, some of which should be automatic.

Today I will get all jobs done by 11am then spend the remainder of the day either In the garden, sewing or house stuff. Or perhaps all three. Time for some me time.

Have a fantastic day all.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • And parsniphead is back on form :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Just popping my head in to say hi as its been a while. Hope your day went well.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Thanks DIA and Bob.

I did as planned and had a lovely lunch outside. Making the best of the weather.

My knee has packed up again though. An old recurring injury from doing lunges years ago. Damn you Elle Macpherson and your exercise videos. Hobbling like an old lady. :rotfl:

• Could be worse, you could actually be an old lady.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Could be worse, you could actually be an old lady.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I dread to think the state I will be in when I am if I don't shift this fat.:eek:

• A bit more waffle and prattle to follow im afraid due to a night awake worrying about money.

Things have been a ltle out of control in the past few weeks and I really need to get my head back around paying off debt as it has recently been going in the wrong direction. Again due to procrastination and disorganisation.....what a shocker.

I was reading Doingitanyway's diary a couple of days ago and there was a mention of using the emergency fund towards debt. For the first time in my life I have an emergency fund and wondered whether it could be better spent. Unlike DIA I have a mortgage and bigger debt so it's not like against. Sorry to drag you into my waffling DIA. Also I need to get bay roof fixed and planned to use a card? What's the point of an emergency fund if Im scared to use it?

Do I keep it or pay it towards a debt. I'm really torn at the moment.

Another issue is food. I have lots in and if organised I should be ok for a small shop next time.

One area I always slip up is when I use less of my budget and the remaining gets frittered away, ie my petrol allowance. From now on once it's filled up the rest goes towards debt.

I have a little money left in my account so I'm going to make a little payment towards debt to gain control again. Also DH owes money for yesterday's shopping so that can go across too. I so want this done and dusted. Sorry to go on.

Have a good day.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure