PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Yep it's Hopkinson and that recipe is the dogs dangly bits

And the funny thing is, I got it in my head that it was Leicestershire cheese so that's what I've always used :rotfl:

Did you watch the latest Nigel Slater Series? That man loves his food and he really lets you know how good it is. I was drooling at his Turkish one ( I love Turkish cuisine, best in the world)
    No - but I have it recorded. :)

Turkish food is one of my favourites too.
    I bought Rick Stein's Venice to Istanbul for Christmas.
    As well as the Hairy Bikers Curries - which (IIRC) you recommended to me years ago :kisses3: and I'd been looking for in a charity shop but eventually picked up in The Works.

Both Simon and Nigel are food writers - which may (or may not) explain their down-to-earthedness. :)
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I have a confession to make, I'm going off Rick Stein, he's coming across as either boozed up of hungover Well that's what I felt watching the Mexican series

Hope you like the Hairy Bikers book as much as I do. It's simple and whilst I guess it's not as authentic as perhaps Madha Jeffrey, the food is delicious
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    suki1964 wrote: »
    I have a confession to make, I'm going off Rick Stein, he's coming across as either boozed up of hungover Well that's what I felt watching the Mexican series

Hope you like the Hairy Bikers book as much as I do. It's simple and whilst I guess it's not as authentic as perhaps Madha Jeffrey, the food is delicious
    I watch him more often on Saturday Kitchen archives (sometimes still with Chalky the terrier :eek:). along with Keith Floyd who is occasionally shockingly youthful :eek: but always entertaining).
    I think I may have the Mexican series recorded.

I didn't like his 'long weekend' series much.
    And although I loved James Martin's French Adventures, I voted with my feet (after the first episode) of his American Adventures,
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 28 February 2018 at 3:26PM
    Were off to Cadiz in 3 weeks based on long weekends, but not just because of Rick Stein, it looks like a perfect mix of history, good wine (sherry) and seafood ;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Lemon sole for me, plaice for hubby with chips and baked beans - comfort food.
    Had left-over beef stew for lunch.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Pasta with leeks, broccoli and salmon in a cream & vermouth sauce
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Just scoffed a bowl of cauliflower cheese (semi vegan cheese sauce made with yeast flakes, water, flour and mustard, but did use butter to make the roux, a little milk and a little cheese on top - but nowhere near the qtys you would usually use) and had two buttered rice cakes with it.
    Enough left for a portion in the freezer and I've kept the cooking water and stalk / leaves to make soup (have some other leaves in the freezer too) with some kale and Gorgonzola. I treated myself to a hand blender in lidl today so that will be the first thing I make. Am always put off making soup with my jug blender and it's such a faff transferring it all into it, then having the jug and bits to clean out. Hoping the stick blender will be easier.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• H/M veg and bacon soup just right for a snow day
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • MrsPear
    MrsPear Posts: 55 Forumite
    Hi hope everyone is warm and safe.

We had fajitas and rice tonight.

Having a mental slump atm but the children are fed and watered and the house is not quite a hovel. Still I need to pull myself out of it.
    Gc challenge £363.53/ 500
    Y Feb 317.28 / 350
  • I shall be making a big pot of German Lentil, bacon and sausage soup today to give us filling lunches for the next few days and operation empty the freezer begins this evening and we'll have some salmon fillets in lemon sauce, new potatoes and peas for supper. Pudding will be blueberries and plain skyr followed by our usual coffee.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback