Wishing on an ickle star

Comments

• icklehelen
    icklehelen Posts: 355 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Well it was a nice weekend and enjoyed spending time with family that I don't see very often . . . but the hotel was not good!! The service of the meal was so slow it was cold by the time we ate and there was a severe lack of vegetables! The rooms were not what had been requested so we ended up with a tiny double with no cot (they then squeezed one in when we asked). No-one had more than one drink as they were extortionate (£12.60 for me and DH!!! :eek:)

Time to sort out some bits and pieces from the shop - have had a couple of new product deliveries this week so invoices and delivery notes are in need of processing!!

Can't wait for when we start reaping the rewards of all this work!! ;)

ickle
    Total OPs 2012 - 2019 £39744.75
    Target 2020 £18500/£18500
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • icklehelen
    Another busy week and even busier weekend!!

Very happy with our first month in the business - it looks like I'm going to be able to pay us!! Not much but I set a minimum that would help with bills and food etc. We nearly doubled that after paying everything else but that can go towards the list of things we need for the business including a website!!

Have had a great weekend filled with friends and family but it did result in spending ££££ :eek: Friday night I hosted a party as a friend has started her own business and needs to practice her sales pitch! Spent £3 on food for it then about £15 on products - oops!!
    Saturday was a friends 40th in the village so no spends there!!
    Last night is where it all went downhill!! Meal out to celebrate BIL's 40th at a very nice restaurant in Sheffield. I found a voucher for 1/3 off the food but our part of the bill came to £43.50 :eek: We were both sensible with our food choices and DD shared ours rather than having a portion to herself but others in he party wanted starters and sharing dishes so this bumped up the bill!! Today is our wedding anniversary so last night doubled up as our treat for that which makes me feel a little better!

Remembered to get the paper on Thursday so have £5 off a £40 spend in @ldi this week - need to restock the freezer so this will come in handy!!

Positive thinking needed for the rest of the week!

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • icklehelen
    Wow what a day! I could get used to more days like that!! Not just for the weather but also had a really lovely day with DD. Spent all morning and early afternoon in the garden with the paddling pool and toys. It was fab and she loved every minute too!

Got a cheque for £75 in the post this week for a product trial - it went straight into the bank but I've put it to one side (in my spreadsheet) as I'd like to put it towards a few items we need.

Going to the local fair tomorrow - ready to stock up on some bargains from the pantry stall and hoping to find some clothes (for me and DH) too :)

Don't need any clothes for DD for the next year thanks to a friend having a clear out and passing it on to me! Also just been offered a 'house' for her. Not sure exactly what type it is but I'm sure she'll love it!

Another 40th celebration tomorrow evening and have been invited to breakfast on Sunday morning too!!

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • museumworker
    museumworker Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sounds like a lovely weekend! Well done on the payment for a user trial, that is a very decent sum!
    Mortgage [STRIKE]16/03/2011: £190K 01/01/2017: £107,729.65 [/STRIKE] 01/07/2017: £95,979.89
    OPs 2011-2016 = £45K 2017 OPs = £9250.20
  • icklehelen
    What a glorious weekend!! Great weather, great company and some fabulous sports results (I'm ignoring the F1!) Go Murray!!!!

Got some bargains at the fair - stocked up on tins and other store cupboard essentials for £3, a Annabel Karmel toddler recipe book for 30p and 2 tomato plants for 20p!! Had a really good time with two of my best friends too! Went from there to my BILs 40th BBQ which was equally fab - amazing food (my SIL has found an amazing butcher whose prices make Aldi look expensive!), great company and the alcohol was flowing freely! No hangovers tho! The down side to this is my DH now has a taste for a rather expensive whisky! :rotfl:

Back to work tomorrow :(
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • icklehelen
    Finally got round to calling the lovely people in the Tax Credits office to sort out our claim so now I'm looking forward to the post to find out how much we are entitled to. I'm not holding out for much but a little bit extra will certainly help!

It's been quite a productive day for me as I've done the weekly shop (£26 :j) and scanned it ready for uploading to S&S, been to a fitness class in a nearby village (walked there and back too) and done some housework! I'm currently using the power of the sun to dry and bleach DD's nappies. :cool:

Time to go and start on tonight's meal - roasted veg pasta with a crispy bacon topping :)

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • icklehelen
    I'm in the middle of using the free listing weekend on eB@y - 27 items listed so far today (some are relists from May)

Still got lots to put on - need to decide whether to stick with all clothes or start putting on some of my other items? I like to try and stick to a theme but not sure if this helps or not??

This week has not been good in the shop - there's no-one in town never mind wanting to shop in this weather!! We're looking into different stock which may entice more customers.

Not much to report on the money side of things - only spends this week have been food and diesel (both cars now full but cost £140 :eek: hopefully this will last at least 6 weeks though!)

Not sure if people are taking pity on us (knowing that we've just bought the shop) or we've just got lots of very good friends!! We've been invited out to several barbecues, lunches and parties and have been given more clothes for DD. All wonderful and we're very grateful for it but the frequency of these gestures is making me think pity! :o

Right break over back to the Bay of the E!!! :cool:
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • icklehelen
    Had the e-bill from our energy supplier today :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Was not expecting what I saw!!! Have spent most of this evening looking into it. I've spent years keeping tabs on our consumption through spreadsheets and in more recent years with imeasure. Our overall annual consumption is down (was quite surprised with the gas figures after the long cold winter). Now I know prices have gone up but this bill only had one day on the new price so why are they upping my direct debit by £41 a month??????????? :mad:

I'm sure with fresh eyes over the weekend I'll work out what it is - I hope it's their mistake but I'm not holding my breath!!!

In other money news today - it's payday :j £co paid me £1.75 AND I've requested a payout from TCB for £130!

Weekly shop came to £29 this week (and that included a £2.99 laundry basket). Got rather a lot of bargainous bread but had to defrost the freezers in order to get it in - defrosting of freezers = very easy in this heat . . . keeping frozen food frozen in this heat = :eek:

Next week is likely to be more expensive as I have my lil sis coming to stay for a few days (aka entertainment for DD :rotfl:)

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • icklehelen
    My eB@y lots are starting to finish! One item has had 133 views, has 13 watchers and has had 3 bids so far - hoping that there'll be a flurry of activity on that one when it finishes this afternoon! It'll make up for the lack of activity on most of the others!!! :rotfl:

I'm waiting patiently and trying not too look too often!! I am looking forward to the ker-ching sound my phone will make later though!! :D
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • icklehelen
    Well quite a successful eB@y - 1/3 of the lots sold, quite a few things went for £2 but one in particular was fun to watch!! It had 147 views in the end - need to find more 'treasure' like this as it went for more than double I had put in on for!

Looks like after fees I'll have £44.75 :j which is not bad considering it's not doing a job here (other than clutter my house) Still waiting on a few to pay but will get them all packaged and ready so DH can get those that have to the PO/courier tomorrow on his day off!

Looking forward to the next FLW so I can get the unsold items back on and add some more from the never ending pile of 'junk' :rotfl:

DH and his dad are DIYing in the shop today - new lighting, some painting, window cleaning . . . the work we've already done has made the world of difference so these should help even more!

Time for me to go and get on with the many jobs needed in the house :o

Happy Sunday!

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income