looking for a large school bag

Options
13»

Comments

• Fireflyaway
    Fireflyaway Posts: 2,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's going to be one heavy awkward bag to carry about!
    Why not get 2 bags rather than 3. One for books and lunch and separate one for sports kit.
    If everything is named it should find it's way back?
    I'd recommend going for practicality over style! My daughter went through a few bags. Either the straps or stitching broke. Then we bought a kanken bag. They are super strong and last years. Make sure it's a real one though or if won't be strong!
  • flybynight
    Options
    never seen the point to sew in luggage labels / luggage tags that can be removed. I sharpie and behold everything can be labelled: books / folders / plastic lunchboxes. also when labelling all it needs is surname and an email address, that way anybody finding kit in the street can drop you a " i think we have your container / socks/ trousers" email.
    even as an adult most of my stuff is labelled ( i think its mostly habit)
    saving for more holidays
  • Anoneemoose
    Anoneemoose Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Not sure they’d be big enough but as a secondary schooler in the late 80’s early 90’s, Head bags were very popular and they often had different compartments that zipped together.

I know you don’t want to draw attention to his condition as such, but I think it might be helpful if he could maybe leave it somewhere safe. The school should be able to come up with something to help if you feel it necessary.

I know every kid, let alone every kid with autism is different, but I know my bedt friend’s son often used to take his coats off and leave them because he didn’t like them, and sadly, no amount of telling him how expensive they were made any difference really.
  • mustbemad
    mustbemad Posts: 614 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My kids are a nightmare for not checking they have anything before they leave 😓 I ended up clipping a lanyard strap to there main bag and on PE days, I'd fasten their kit bag to the other end, there would just be enough of a pull if they tried to walk away without it to make them stop and realise they were leaving the bag behind. Maybe they looked a bit silly but rather that then lost pe kit! Now if only I could find a way to make them check the desk for all of their stationary before they get up, I'm sick of having to replace it so often 😡

Mbm x
  • CheeryDays
    Options
    phryne wrote: »
    As regards the second part of the question, when we forgot or lost our PE kit we had to do games in our underwear :eek: :rotfl: That focussed the mind a bit, I can tell you.

But for bag recommendations I would go for an outdoor hiking kind of rucksack, if you can stretch to it. Berghaus are a good make, and I think you can get them in most good outdoor shops.
    It still happens now. My daughter (fair enough it was the third time) last month had to do games in hers when she didn't have her kit
  • CheeryDays
    Options
    I don't think that would be allowed these days :rotfl:. They do get a detention if they regularly don't have the correct kit.
    No, it does :eek:
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oho ...here we go again ....pe in underwear - next will be not allowed to go to the loo!
  • Oakie
    Oakie Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do schools still have lockers these days ?
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    thorsoak wrote: »
    Oho ...here we go again ....pe in underwear - next will be not allowed to go to the loo!

Its ok I sorted the issue by finding a large bag.

At the same time I got him some new black plimsolls to wear as school shoes.:money:
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Its ok I sorted the issue by finding a large bag.

At the same time I got him some new black plimsolls to wear as school shoes.:money:

:D:D:D:beer::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport