PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just one big jelly elephant!
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    softstuff wrote: »
    it had been rolling round in icing sugar. To be fair, it was a mistake any of us could have made :whistle:

absolutely! :A:A
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You're forgiven Mar - an elephant rolled in icing sugar would be so easy to mistake for a Jumbo jelly baby ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Monna maybe you should cut the solid marmalade into small lumps, roll in icing sugar & sell to unsuspecting tourists as "Caulkhead Delight" ;) Well it worked for Turkey :D
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You are a really inspiring lot. Rustic, caramelized marmalade, liveable marmalade, no tablet, SLICEABLE marmalade, Caulkhead (Isle of Wighters, for the unintiated) Delight, I'm spoilt for choice. Actually it tastes OK, you just get the unexpected crunchy bit now and again.

Today experimental cooking is out. I am off to try and get a place on the free T*sc* bus that goes from the village twice a week. It is unfortunately necessary to visit that emporium occasionally for those things that are unobtainable in the village.
    Still warmish and sunny here though cooler than it was. I'll settle for that as long as it is dry.

Will report back later. I guess LameWolf is on her way by now.

I've been struck by a brilliant thought. Anyone who can eat an elephant, whether or not rolled in icing sugar, can surely tackle solid marmalade with caramelized, black crunchy bits and a delicate burnt flavour.
    Look out for a parcel mar.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I've got that dreaded furniture disease........... that's when your chest is falling into your drawers.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just hit peak !!!!!!edness. And have stopped all work, sat down and had a whisky. Barring finding something for hubby for dinner (I can settle for dark choccy, blue cheese and pork scratchings - yes, I can do that on this diet so :p) and another coat on a door to be hung Sunday, I'm done. It's been a heck of a week of activity though, even if appearances say otherwise.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sounds as if you should sleep well, Softstuff! x

maryb I hope DH had a good night and was able to get comfortable. Glad you were able to arrange things at the marina :T

Nargleblast
    I hope Mr Nargleblast is continuing to feel better and getting less grouchy ((HUGS))

karcher, burtha, fuddle Hope you're ok. Thinking of you.

I love all the inspired ideas for monna's marmalade :D

Mr ivyleaf is 65 today! I'm just waiting for DD2 to drop in with his cards and present on her way back from the school run. The birthday boy is still asleep so I might persuade DD to put her head round the bedroom door and yell "Happy birthday, Dad!" :D We're going out for lunch, so he can't have breakfast too late or he won't be hungry at lunchtime!
  • Charis
    Charis Posts: 1,302 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »

I've been struck by a brilliant thought. Anyone who can eat an elephant, whether or not rolled in icing sugar, can surely tackle solid marmalade with caramelized, black crunchy bits and a delicate burnt flavour.
    Look out for a parcel mar.

How do you post a Jelliphant? One slice at a time?
  • Puffinbertha
    Puffinbertha Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Charis wrote: »
    How do you post a Jelliphant? One slice at a time?

In its trunk.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My dgd who is 7 was playing in the park when a boy the same age grabbed her and started a fight, after a few minutes two of his friends joined in. At this point DD stepped in and broke up the fight. By now two of the three boys were in tears. Dgd walked away head held high without a mark on her.
    If you are going to bully a little girl don't pick on one who play fights with her 14 year old brother as she will be too tough for you!
    Chin up, Titus out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure