Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Night all :wave:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    davemorton wrote: »
    KNow you like your blogs TM, loads of recipes on this one.
    Just baked some biscuits from it, and they are fab.
    http://www.butcherbakerblog.com/recipe-index/

:eek: 204 sausage rolls! :eek: Expecting a few guests?

No, just the usual amount for Christmas. Family love them and once frozen, it’s an easy quick 18 minute cook when they want them. They like them warm. They won’t touch the supermarket stuff. Mince pies are the same.
  • MKS
    bubbs wrote: »
    MKS they look divine :D
    Hope you are ok? xx

Thanks. I am good, thanks. Finally got a date of Feb 3 to lay Dad with Mum. Long time but nearly there. xxx
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    (((x))) MKS
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Evening folks
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • MKS
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    (((x))) MKS

Thx HG. Glad all seems to be ok with MIL. xx
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    davemorton wrote: »
    KNow you like your blogs TM, loads of recipes on this one.
    Just baked some biscuits from it, and they are fab.
    http://www.butcherbakerblog.com/recipe-index/

Oooh ill have a look at that one. Thank you:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • bubbs wrote: »
    Didnt think mullers were working anymore :o

Sorry bubbs only just saw this - yes still working though not as good as the previous 35p comparison they're all 50p v S now so £2.07 (I think) back from the £3 spend. Still a bargain at 93p for 10 yogurts :)
  • Claire1972
    Claire1972 Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Sorry bubbs only just saw this - yes still working though not as good as the previous 35p comparison they're all 50p v S now so £2.07 (I think) back from the £3 spend. Still a bargain at 93p for 10 yogurts :)

Yes that’s right I bought them today. January dates on them as well now :D
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits. :)
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    izzy65 wrote: »
    That's a lovely idea, doesn't seem quite right if my Christmas list doesn't have lego on it:o
    Oh and work too, but this thread is here not facebook:p
    Page 11 has all the prices on hth x

I am glad the small shops/Amex thing has finished - it's the first time I have taken part and I wouldn't bother again ! I managed just 2 shops - 5 others had closed down and 3 bakeries caused me massive trouble as the staff were worse than useless. I asked first if they charged a fee for Amex and checked they would accept the card (they did have the Amex logo in the window but I wanted to be certain). I selected a mixture of pasties and then the trouble started when they tried to take payment as my card kept being refused - and I know there was nothing wrong withe the card as it as I had already used it today. After several abortive 'tries' they all decided they did not take Amex after all so I told them they could keep the goods. It was awkward as by the time they had finished there were long queues behind me - and the staff weren' too happy and having to put pasties back. All in all a waste of time.

I understand that Amex physically check with each store months before the promotion runs to ensure they are happy to participate and that staff know what to do so there is no ex use really.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure