Dreaming of a life after debt

Options

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi

Today I paid £20 deposit for my work Xmas dinner ...:snow_grin.. is it too early:D. We're booked into a really gorgeous hotel and one of my colleagues is taking money from now to Xmas so we can pay for dinner & have money towards drinks.

I met some ex colleagues for lunch yesterday & it was great to catch up. I'm going out for lunch with new colleagues tomorrow, so I guess I'm now part of my new team. Thank goodness it is payday but I must have a hole in my purse the way my money disappears.

Money front - I have over £10 earned in Prolific and I just cashed out £5 paypal from Swagbucks. I returned all my Next order & trying to do my best not to fritter this month.
  • Munchin
    edited 31 July 2017 at 7:37AM
    Options
    Update

Money - 29 July 2017

Groceries - £[STRIKE]40[/STRIKE]/£22.99 spent
    Other - £[STRIKE]110[/STRIKE]/£

Surveys & Voucher

Swagbucks - 292SB (999SB = £5 paypal)
    Receipt Hog - 1462 coins (1500 coins = £5/ 2850 coins = £10/ 5300 coins = £20/12000 coins = £50)

Topcashback -£29.71 Payable, £4.81 Confirmed & £32 Pending
    Prolific - £13.94
    Ipsos - £0
    Next - £20

July spends

Sat 29th - £22.99 groceries
    Sun 30th - NSD
    Mon 31st -
    Tues 01st -
    Wed 02nd -
    Thurs 03rd -
    Fri 04th -

Total = £xx
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning :)

I love being up early on a Sat morning as I get to enjoy coffee and peace before the madness of the day begins:D.

Today is going to be spendy & busy. I've been neglecting some of my volunteer stuff so first things first I'm going to spend an hour with them to catch up.

I was hoping to go for a run but my IBS flared up yesterday big style so my run is going to be a nice walk with my pup if the rain stays away for 5 mins.

I have a house to tidy & only an ironing molehill to tackle. My car is getting serviced today ££££££$$$$:o. I'm taking it to a garage to service because I need the service history. OH serviced my last car but the car was so ancient the history didn't matter. I hate garages/car dealerships with a passion:(.

This week I have 2 volunteer events and my first new therapist meeting. I'm a bit concerned because she slightly criticised my previous therapist methods in our phone conversation and when I said that I had seen previous therapist for 4 months she said 'that was quite short'. Will go & see if I gel with her and take it from there.

Running - it looks like I will be helping take a couch to 5k programme C25k - I'm really pleased to be asked but I need to dust of those trainers more regularly.

Money front - The funds in my PayPal account are starting to increase slightly from my surveys. I've added PayPal to my YNAB account so that it encourages me to build money in it. Swag bucks was a pain this morning as I kept being screened out of surveys. I am only a few hog coins away from £5 pay out. I have £70 odd travel expenses to claim & I got an email from work HR & I might be entitled to travel expenses which might be backdated to March. There are too many mights in that money to get too excited.....but fingers & toes crossed:).

My budget this week is £40 on groceries & £110 on everything else. I thought £110 was a bit much but once I take diesel (£30) & therapist (£50) it really leaves £30 for everything else.
  • Munchin
    Options
    Sitting in dealership.. they have a coffee bar .... sitting here with tea & a cookie:). Car doesn't need oil or filter change for another 3000 miles .... yeah :) but brakes pads are missing in action .... oops :o. OH says I'm heavy on the brakes but not going to let him know :D

Taking my 'free' tea to get my money's worth :)
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Hope the car doesn't work out to costly.

Enjoy the tea ;)
  • Munchin
    Options
    Thanks Hidden

£168 for new brake pads and check up. I think that was ok as I expected to pay more & they washed my car & gave me tea:o.

No walk today as the weather has been atrocious, the rain is currently beating down. I did go to volunteer office, £1 shop & Lidl. £22.99 on groceries.

OH is working so I'm here at my Mums putting the world to rights over tea :).
  • missmental123
    Options
    Hi Munchin!

I've subscibed to your diary! I noticed you are using YNAB, I'm really struggling to use it! I guess that I need to take a fee lesson to get started? How do you find it?
    Total: Debt July '17 -£23,806.33 - now
    -£16,910 (£6896 or 28.9% paid)
  • Munchin
    edited 30 July 2017 at 1:17PM
    Options
    Hi Miss mental :), I love it but it did take me a wee while to get my head round it & a few times I 'started over' when I got myself totally confuddled.

I started off with loads of categories but over time I have simplified it a lot where I have less categories but it is really up to each person how they work it. I am awful for moving money from categories which I know is ok but I just don't like it. There is loads of advice on the ynab website, you tube & facebook but if you have any questions please ask. I'm no expert but I've probably made just about every mistake going :o, so I'm an expert on fixing my mistakes:)
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning

Sitting on the train using their wifi to update as our wifi was frazzled y'day. We had a massive thunder storm y'day & OH popped out during it. I'm not frightened of storms but happy to stay inside. A massive crack of thunder went off above house & everything went of. Scared the heart out of me. I have never heard anything like it in my life. I went to switchboard & nothing would turn on. OH came back & changed some fuses but the broadband couldn't cope with power surge & died.

I guess I will not be as blase about storms in the future. I miss my broadband.

No other news. Y'day was an NSD & formula 1 was a boring race.

Plans today -
    • Harass OH to get broadband working
    • Ring vets for pups check up & vaccination
    • book tour of parliament buildings for mum & nephew
    • volunteer shift tonight
    • work
  • Munchin
    Options
    Update

Money - 02 August 2017

Groceries - £[STRIKE]40[/STRIKE]/£28.78 spent
    Other - £[STRIKE]110[/STRIKE]/£

Surveys & Voucher

Swagbucks - 310SB (999SB = £5 paypal)
    Receipt Hog - 1497 coins (1500 coins = £5/ 2850 coins = £10/ 5300 coins = £20/12000 coins = £50)

Topcashback -£0 Payable, £4.81 Confirmed & £32 Pending
    Prolific - £15.43
    Ipsos - £0
    Next - £20

July spends

Sat 29th - £22.99 groceries
    Sun 30th - NSD
    Mon 31st - NSD
    Tues 01st -NSD
    Wed 02nd - £5.79 Tesco
    Thurs 03rd -
    Fri 04th -