Doctors supporting letter for PIP

When asking the Doctor for a supporting letter for PIP claim is it best to write down the descriptors which apply to you and how they effect you then give it him to help write all the information in the letter .
Are will he just write about your illness .

Thankyou

Comments

• BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Has your doctor agreed to supply a letter, and if so, what level of detail they will give?

You can't tell the doctor what to say, he can only write what he has observed. You can offer the descriptors and he can comment on whether he feels you meet them.
  • mercedes125
    mercedes125 Posts: 402 Forumite
    Has your doctor agreed to supply a letter, and if so, what level of detail they will give?

You can't tell the doctor what to say, he can only write what he has observed. You can offer the descriptors and he can comment on whether he feels you meet them.

Ok thanks , seeing the doctor next week so not asked him as yet .
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 April 2018 at 8:55PM
    Tricky.

You don't want to be seen leading your Doctor, neither do you want a statement from your Doctor starting "My patient tells me......"

On the other hand you can't assume your Doctor will be fully familiar with the PIP descriptors.

I would suggest following the guidance in section 14 here:
    https://www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-win-pip-appeal

This assumes your Doctor / GP / Health Professional is fully aware of how the condition(s) affect your day-to-day life.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • mercedes125
    mercedes125 Posts: 402 Forumite
    Alice_Holt wrote: »
    Tricky.

You don't want to be seen leading your Doctor, neither do you want a statement from your Doctor starting "My patient tells me......"

On the other hand you can't assume your Doctor will be fully familiar with the PIP descriptors.

I would suggest following the guidance in section 14 here:
    https://www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-win-pip-appeal

This assumes your Doctor / GP / Health Professional is fully aware of how the condition(s) affect your day-to-day life.

Thankyou for that it’s good information I will read through it tomorrow .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure