Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,513
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Yes, it's live
    Briefly £1K pay in per month, 2 x DDs, online/mobile banking.
    No bonus if you have already had one

I'm going quickly to groom one of my BOS a/cs!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • lala9
    lala9 Posts: 686
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've applied for this account as currently wishing to change banks. Just had to upload some id documents to verify who i am, spoke to their customer services who were very good. Anybody else been through this process, and know how long it take ect?
  • mt99
    mt99 Posts: 472 Forumite
    Is it worth starting a new thread, as the title says 'Birmingham Only'. Or alternatively can the 'Birmingham Only' be removed from the title and first post?
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,128
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    mt99 wrote: »
    Is it worth starting a new thread, as the title says 'Birmingham Only'. Or alternatively can the 'Birmingham Only' be removed from the title and first post?

Only OP can do that, but you could PM him/her
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Just signed up for the Clydesdale account. For £250 it's one that can't be passed up. It's very generous and the requirements are not onerous at all. You only need to pay in £1,000 in the first two 31-day periods and 2 direct debits within 62 days, and also sign in to internet banking. :)
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • Can someone give me some advice?

I'm looking to switch accounts to take advantage of free money/incentives. I'm not getting much from the account I have now, which was with Nationwide.

I'm looking to open a Lifetime ISA in a couple of months, with a view to buying a house. Otherwise I just want to maximise my savings in general. My plan was to switch to First Direct to take advantage of their £125 switch deal, and open one of their 5% daily savers on the side and just max it out for the measly £97 a year that I'd make in interest. On top of that I was just going to get an American Express credit card with cashback and use it to make all my every day purchases.

It seems to me that this Yorkshire Bank deal would be better overall though as it would net me £125 more than the First Direct deal in the first year, which would outweigh any interest I'd accrue in their daily saver. Then I could switch to something like First Direct after a year.

Am I on the right track or am I missing something?
  • Can anyone that has recently opened one of these confirm if the switch can be done online as stated in a previous post? It's just when I did mine you had to phone them and I am thinking of saying to my parents to do a switch but my dad doesn't like doing things by phone.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,513
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I can't apply online - it doesn't like my postcode!! so won't look up address...(and couldn't save the existing data either)
    Will have to phone tomorrow and start again
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Can anyone that has recently opened one of these confirm if the switch can be done online as stated in a previous post? It's just when I did mine you had to phone them and I am thinking of saying to my parents to do a switch but my dad doesn't like doing things by phone.
    It said that you could do this online but unfortunately I didn't get that far as the website stopped responding after I had been approved for the account. I had to phone to do the actual switch but the staff on the phone were very good and had it all done in about 10 minutes.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,794
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Can anyone that has recently opened one of these confirm if the switch can be done online as stated in a previous post? It's just when I did mine you had to phone them and I am thinking of saying to my parents to do a switch but my dad doesn't like doing things by phone.

I managed to do the switch online as a continuation of the application after I had been accepted for the account although the process froze and I had to go back to the start and select to continue the saved application it then worked ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure