Bauer ban

Hi guys :)
I won bauer comp from Absolute radio on 8th March. Could I start taking part in a competitions back on Monday 9th Sep?
Also I enter on JazzFM comp and then noticed it is a Bauer. Probably get a call 2 days later from them (5:05 unknown number) about 2 weeks ago. But I couldn't answer. Because I did not answer didn't they add me to the ''list'' that they would not call me again in the future because of that or something? Sorry if it is not understandable

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    wrrrrmrrr wrote: »
    Hi guys :)
    I won bauer comp from Absolute radio on 8th March. Could I start taking part in a competitions back on Monday 9th Sep?
    Also I enter on JazzFM comp and then noticed it is a Bauer. Probably get a call 2 days later from them (5:05 unknown number) about 2 weeks ago. But I couldn't answer. Because I did not answer didn't they add me to the ''list'' that they would not call me again in the future because of that or something? Sorry if it is not understandable

The original win has to be £500 or more for a ban to apply and whether that was the case or not if you then had one you had to answer to win and didn't answer then you didn't win.

The many Bauer brands can be found here and they include the sites that have the vast majority of all the £500 plus prize draw prizes

https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/brands
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,436 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    If the 8th March prize was over £500, you should be OK to enter any Bauer comp that closes after 8th September.

They will not blacklist you for not answering the phone.
  • wrrrrmrrr
    wrrrrmrrr Posts: 129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    March prize was £4000. Ok thank you for the aswers, will start bauer comping in 3 weeks :)
  • eleanorre
    eleanorre Posts: 313 Forumite
    If you have a significant other you can enter in his/her name while banned .
  • janE1956
    janE1956 Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    eleanorre wrote: »
    If you have a significant other you can enter in his/her name while banned .

Would check that, sure i have read that the £500 limit is per household.
  • mjm3346
    janE1956 wrote: »
    Would check that, sure i have read that the £500 limit is per household.

Yep, they tightened it up even further removing the bits about relatives and now it's everyone at the same address.

However, no person or persons at the same residential address may win more than one prize valued at £500 or more via any of our Competitions in any given six (6) month period.
  • eleanorre
    Oh dear I will have to start entering for my daughter .
  • mjm3346
    Oh dear I will have to start entering for my daughter .

Many sites require you to use your real name/do not allow entries on behalf of another person/entries by third parties etc.
  • eleanorre
    How does anyone know that you are entering on someone else's behalf. I have won countless prizes for my daughter including a holiday to Hawaii .
  • mjm3346
    edited 30 August 2019 at 2:16PM
    How does anyone know that you are entering on someone else's behalf. I have won countless prizes for my daughter including a holiday to Hawaii .

I doubt they would know with individuals it's just against the rules in many cases (with the "pay to enter for you" sites there can be over 18,000* entries from them which increases the chances of it being picked up)

(* based on actual entries to a competition a few years ago where the entry database could by mistake be publicly accessed)

.... a weekend hotel break (no travel expenses) with 19,393 entries (349 thanks on mse) but also where you could for a time access the database and other tracking information online.
    After a bit of sorting of the entries I reckon over 18,000 of them were from one of the automated entry lot (by the email addys used).
    The amount of detail that was available about where "clicks" had come from surprised me a bit

you can also get to the site stats and see for example that 2 visits have come from pm links on MSE, also the search terms that were used on google etc that led people to the site
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure