Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Flybe ONLY

Centipede100
Centipede100 Posts: 107 Forumite
edited 1 July 2014 at 5:05PM in Flight delay compensation
MSE Official Insert:

This discussion thread is linked to from our Flight Delays Compensation guide. Please read that for full help.

Comments

• topyam
    topyam Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Dear xx

BExx x xxx 200x
    Thank you for your email of the xx December concerning the above flight.

Having investigated the delay to this flight, this was caused by a rescheduling following damage caused to the aircraft whilst on the ground the previous evening.

I therefore confirm our offer of compensation in line with EC Legislation. This consists of 250.00 (£200.00) monetary compensation or a credit note to the value of 350.00 (£300.00) for redemption against future Flybe flights. If you could kindly confirm to me your preference, arrangements can be made.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Yours sincerely
    xx

Went for the cash. The money is in my account today.
  • superbigal36
    superbigal36 Posts: 734 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 January 2013 at 8:01PM
    Just to mention to anyone who was affected by the terrorist attack at Glasgow Airport. I got the compensation from FlyBE without question for a cancelled flight from Birmingham to Edinburgh the next evening. I suspect planes were all over the place. There were not many on the flight so they easily got us all on the next scheduled a few hours later which was also quiet. Was also offered to fly to Glasgow on the night.
    I claimed within a fortnight of the event and was compensated within 3 weeks. Compensation far outweighed price of flights so it was a cheap trip.
  • Thank you so much for this site. I have just received a no hassle compensation of £200 as my flight from Belfast to Edinburgh was delayed by just over 3 hours on 30th Dec . Your letter template was a great help . I didn't expect this result !:j
  • Hi,
    My flight to Glasgow via Southampton was delayed at Rennes for 8 hours so missed connection to Glasgow.
    Although Flybe provided a meal and overnight accommodation we did not arrive in Glasgow until 11.15am on the Saturday instead of 18.15 on previous evening.
    I wrote claiming compensation for the delay, received standard letter back refusing to pay out.
    Sent another letter 3 weeks ago - no reply.
    Not sure how to proceed. Any advice?
  • As soon as you have a claim for compensation write a Letter Before Claim warning of proceedings in 14 days if they don't agree settlement. If they say they want more time, allow them a 7-14 day extension. Then sue.
  • Has anyone else contacted FlyBE for compensation and just been ignored? I contacted them in mid Nov 2012 and still haven't had a reply even though they say they will contact within 28 days.
  • Flybe are definately not good at replying to complaints.
    In addition to the flight delay in my post I had an issue with luggage last year and they took 3 months to reply.
    Used to think Ryanair had poor customer service!
    Thanks blondmark have sent another letter
  • First time i have posted, please be patient! I emailed Flybe on 14/11/12 regarding our delayed flight for four from Faro to Exeter that was delayed by almost 5 hours (due to a fault with the aeroplane and a part having to be delivered from the Midlands). We had been issued with vouchers to the value of 20euros per person at the departing airport (after we had purchased a meal). The flights were booked last minute so cost over £1,500!!
    After two months no reply so on 14/01/13 I resent the email adding that if i had not had a reply by the end of that week i would refer it to the CAA.
    However on the 23/01/13 I received a reply "....The flight was delayed due to an unexpected technical issue with the aircraft.... In recognition of the delay, as a gesture of goodwill, I would like to offer you a credit note for £100 per passenger to the sum of £400 for redemption against a future Flybe flight. In order to accept this offer, which is valid for travel within 9 months from the date of this letter......"!!!!
    Now should i accept this and tie us to a Flybe destination for this years holiday or ask for cash instead (if they will)???
  • i and my partner were on this

MORE than 200 terrified holidaymakers were on a jet when it was forced to make an emergency landing at Manchester Airport.

They were on their way back from Cyprus with airline Flyjet when their Boeing 757 developed a suspected fault in one of its three hydraulic systems.

The captain made what has been described as a "textbook" landing despite being unable to use the flaps which slow the plane as it lands. The jet, which was seen to be leaking hydraulic oil after it touched down, then had to be towed from the runway with fire crews on standby.

One passenger, who asked not to be named, said: "It was very frightening, but the pilot did an excellent job - his expertise kept us safe."
    The passengers were delayed at Larnaca airport for 24 hours before flight FJE803 finally took off at 5pm local time on Monday.
    The plane had arrived in Cyprus from Israel, where it is understood to have been earlier fixed by engineers after a separate technical problem
    after 4hrs waiting for the flight we were bused to a hotel for the night next day we returned to the airport and continued our trip home.
    only to encounter a trip round the irish sea in what was obviously a fuel dumping episode only to land flanked by fire engines and to eventually come to a stop in a sand bank at the end of the runway from which it took another hour to tow us to the docking platform.
    fobbed off at the time eny advice cheers
  • Ich_2
    Ich_2 Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    edited 13 February 2013 at 9:46PM
    Er were you on a Flybe aircraft as per your header and this thread or Flyjet which was a completely separate airline as the body of your post?
    I ask as Flybe have as far as I know never owned any 757s.

If Flyjet they ceased operation in 2007
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport