IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

my draft defence Gladstones - PCM Court action

Comments

• Molts
    Molts Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Great news - well done! Been following this with interest.
    Advocate represented Gldstones / PCM and tried all the best to mislead the court but didn't work with him. Also asked for permission to appeal and the judge refused.

I hope that will be the end of that story but I think they are going to appeal.

Afaik if the Judge has refused leave to appeal then that is it - they can't. Or at least it is very difficult to.

Crack open a Pinot and enjoy your win!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sassii wrote: »
    Thanks v much for you guys specially Coupon-mad & Loadsofchildren123. Court ordered PCM to pay £1500 costs to me

Loadsofchildren123: the court are impressed from your cost summary ''never seen professional one like that before'' judge said.

Now I'm going to fight the other case appeal

So are you talking about this case, and that the £1500 costs awarded to you, stands?! Yay!
    Advocate represented Gladstones / PCM and tried all the best to mislead the court but didn't work with him. Also asked for permission to appeal and the judge refused.
    Can you tell us more, what exactly did they try to say, and what was misleading, and what did you say, and what did the Judge say? Blow by blow please, it will really help others.

What's happening about your other case which had a set aside wrongly refused? You are still suffering a CCJ on your file!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sassii
    Sassii Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Can you tell us more, what exactly did they try to say, and what was misleading, and what did you say, and what did the Judge say? Blow by blow please, it will really help others.

Went to court on time met the advocate which had other cases and told me she is dealing with Gladstones cases in the area.

She asked me if WS arrived to me I told her no so asked me is my email is correct I told her yes but I didn't receive any WS from Gladstones & I'm rejecting all the evidences with her. she asked me about my WS as she didn't get it, I told her I sent to Gladstones & I have a proof of sending, I was talking about 2nd WS.

Waiting for an hour & half then Judge called us.

The judge gave her 10 mins to talk and she repeated what was in set aside application & tried to mislead the court about the court fees was paid and saying 1st court order for struck out was wrong and asked to set aside it as well.

The judge picked up the points from my WS and told her you asked for 2nd costs court order to set aside only and she replied the 1st one mentioned but the judge said mentioned doesn't mean you are asking for.

Then the judge gave me 10 min. so I started by saying they didn't provide any proof if the payment made or why the court didn't take the fees from BPA account mentioned there are two reasons for that, the account no. was wrong or no enough credit in the account and the C didn't notice that for 50 days before the case struck out.

Then I talked about the C reason for set aside is not good reason & I read Denton & Mitchell case para 41 and said the C had 4 days before the court hearing to respond.

Then I said if the C asked only for 2nd costs order to be set aside not the 1st struck out order the C confessed there was no case from beginning and he want only to waste my time & efforts after the costs penalty he got for his unreasonable behave.

Also I talked about I never received the C WS and he breached of CPR PD 6A, 4.1 & 4.2 for documents electronic service asked the C to provide a proof of my consent to accept electronic service.

also I went through all the points in my WS.

The judge asked us to leave giving the advocate 10 min. to provide proof of payment or proof that was a court errors and any other proof.

We went in again and she provide another email with the same BPA account no. for another case hearing next day saying the account no. was correct and the court accept the hearing & I replied saying a lot of court hearing started and found the fees was not paid and that is not a proof the C account had a credit at the time for my case.

The judge asked us to leave again to take his decision and called us back after 10 min. The judge started that he applied Denton tests on the case and the case failed on all 3 tests so the set aside case dismissed and he is not going to deal with the new costs application or any other costs.

The advocate stood up and repeated the same thing but the judge shut up her by saying there is no need to repeat. so she asked for permission to appeal which he refused

The judge gave me 2 mins so I asked to consider my costs application as the C behaved unreasonably by submitting fake documents and start his application while he knew it will fail trying to waste my time & efforts and I asked for loss of earning & travel expenses but he refused.

The advocate ran away quickly out of the room.
    What's happening about your other case which had a set aside wrongly refused? You are still suffering a CCJ on your file!

Yes CCJ still in my file and I'm waiting for the court to allocated an appeal hearing
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Shocking you didnt even get your NORMAL costs - those were entirely the fault of the C for trying to set aside the costs order they incurred from their own !!!! up!

I think there is an N N149?) form they can complete to appeal, but given the refusal and them not actually demonstrating ANY possible error in law, or fact, they would struggle. If they DID get an appeal I woul dstrongly push for costs - and unreasonable costs on that - on top of the existing order.
  • brilliant news Sassii
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Great to read about the rep running out at the end...when will you get your £1500 costs cheque?!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sassii
    Sassii Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    when will you get your £1500 costs cheque?!

I don't know but I'll wait for 14 days from the court order letter date then will ask the court if PCM / Gladstones appeal or not and if not I'll take the next step as advised earlier here.

Regards
  • I think if they failed on the set aside then the money is payable as per the original order - ie immediately. But wait for the order just in case they were allowed extra time.
    It would be lovely if they don't pay and you then get the enforcement officers on them, it's not hard - you have to send in an application. I think enforcement companies will probably offer a service doing all of this for you and add on the charges to the debt.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Indeed, and as this is over £600 (think thats the min) this can be HIGH COURT enforcement officers
    They can force entry to commercial premises and immediately remove goods as they see fit.

Their bill is also quite large, and gets added on.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Indeed, and as this is over £600 (think thats the min) this can be HIGH COURT enforcement officers
    They can force entry to commercial premises and immediately remove goods as they see fit.

Their bill is also quite large, and gets added on.

We might even get get to see it on the TV - ‘Can’t Pay, We’ll Take It Away’. :D
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport