Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    Possible reasons include :

Wanting or Needing a home visit for PiP
    What else could it be ?
    Well for a start you wouldn't ring DWP for a home visit for PIP, you'd ring who ever it is that's doing the assessment. It's got nothing to do with DWP at this stage.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    That's where you are wrong
    The email address that I supplied offers those who are unable to speak on the phone - a way of kicking off the whole procedure !!
    Ie) starting the claim for pip
  • poppy12345
    That's where you are wrong
    The email address that I supplied offers those who are unable to speak on the phone - a way of kicking off the whole procedure !!
    Ie) starting the claim for pip
    Starting a claim for PIP is made by the DWP yes but changing an assessment date or to arrange a home visit is NOT done through DWP.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Starting a claim for PIP is made by the DWP yes but changing an assessment date or to arrange a home visit is NOT done through DWP.
    I was told by the "alternative format" section that when I receive the 'invite to apply for PiP" from DWP - to contact them by email to arrange an alternative way of filling in the form (I cannot write) and to arrange a home visit !!
  • poppy12345
    I was told by the "alternative format" section that when I receive the 'invite to apply for PiP" from DWP - to contact them by email to arrange an alternative way of filling in the form (I cannot write) and to arrange a home visit !!

Yes that's when you've been invited to apply which i believe is the PDF version which at the same time you would ask for a home visit! BUT to change a date or to arrange a home visit AFTER those forms have been returned, you wouldn't contact DWP. You would contact who ever is doing the assessment. Once those forms have been returned your file get passed onto the assessment providers. It's then nothing to do with DWP until that file is returned to them!!
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just to underline the points poppy has made.

50Tuncle has completely got the wrong end of the stick, and has given incorrect info to the OP as a consequence.

The DWP email address he provided was to help with the initial claim with the DWP NOT the subsequent assessment which is completed by the assessment providers (such as ATOS or whatever they call themselves now!, Capita, Maximus).

It is the the assessment provider the OP should contact - not the DWP
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • poppy12345
    Alice_Holt wrote: »
    Just to underline the points poppy has made.

50Tuncle has completely got the wrong end of the stick, and has given incorrect info to the OP as a consequence.

The DWP email address he provided was to help with the initial claim with the DWP NOT the subsequent assessment which is completed by the assessment providers (such as ATOS or whatever they call themselves now!, Capita, Maximus).

It is the the assessment provider the OP should contact - not the DWP
    Thank you so much Alice for confirming i was right! I'll admit when i'm wrong but this time i just knew i was right! :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure