Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

Comments

• Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Glad you've had a lovely weekend. The weather has been perfect hasn't it. Look forward to seeing your plans.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Good news on the car :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,066
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for the messages and it was good news about the car.

Well it has been another couple of busy days and I am at work again today but this is the last day until Tuesday now. So this weekend I will be catching up on loads of jobs and sorting the house out.

So list of things to do this weekend:
    - Tip run
    - Sort out sheets and duvet covers and put away nicely
    - Cut the grass (front and back)
    - Weed the borders and pots
    - Weed the front path and back path
    - Reply to tax credit letter
    - Sort CV for DD1
    - Do letter for nursery
    - Tidy middle floor of house
    - Clean bathrooms
    - Tidy garage
    - List more items for sale on FB
    - Send off phone to CEX
    - Chase Ex's repayment from HMRC
    - Sort out kids clothes and see if they need anymore clothes for holiday

Right I think that's it. At least two of the kids will be going to their dad's Saturday until Sunday and the two youngest will go to my ex on Sunday for the day so I should be able to get a load done. I need to find time for myself to relax as well as I can feel myself getting tired.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Hope that you can find time for yourself too.
    That is some list :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Mumoffourkids
    Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope that you can find time for yourself too.
    That is some list :eek:

Thanks beanie, I do like to challenge myself!! To be fair some bits will be done quite quickly and I am at home tomorrow with the little ones so I will try and do some of the list tomorrow like the sheet and the paperwork type ones.

My gardens are quite small so cutting the grass should be a half hour job at most.

I might even do a couple of the bits today whilst I am at work if I get my work done quickly enough!! ;)
  • Mumoffourkids
    Forumite
    So I have done a few bits off the list today so it leaves me with less to do tomorrow and Sunday!

- Tip run
    [STRIKE]- Sort out sheets and duvet covers and put away nicely[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- Cut the grass (front and back)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- Weed the borders and pots[/STRIKE]
    - Reply to tax credit letter - started a reply online, I need to scan or photograph my documents next
    - Sort CV for DD1
    - Do letter for nursery
    - Tidy middle floor of house - Done a bit but more needs to be done on the landing and in the bathroom
    - Clean bathrooms - cleaned one!
    - Tidy garage
    - Send off phone to CEX

I will do the letter to nursery later this evening and then I might bag up some of the rubbish in the garden tonight. I also have to wrap DD1's presents as she is 16 tomorrow!
  • Mumoffourkids
    Forumite
    So today I have done a bit more but this afternoon I was shattered and just fell asleep!

- Tip run
    [STRIKE]- Sort out sheets and duvet covers and put away nicely[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- Cut the grass (front and back)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- Weed the borders and pots[/STRIKE]
    - Reply to tax credit letter - started a reply online, I need to scan or photograph my documents next
    - Sort CV for DD1
    -[STRIKE] Do letter for nursery [/STRIKE]
    -[STRIKE] Tidy middle floor of house[/STRIKE] - Done and hoovered
    - Clean bathrooms - cleaned two now, only one left to do
    - Tidy garage
    - Send off phone to CEX

So tomorrow I will tidy and clean the top floor of the house and will try and do the weeding as the weather has been too horrible today to be outside gardening. I also need to do a tip run tomorrow as I keep putting that off!

In non money saving news I have been having a down day, I have no idea why, just feeling sorry for myself. I know in my head that I don't want my ex back but I can't seem to make my heart feel the same. It's so hard and for some reason this afternoon I felt so lonely. I need something to distract me and housework just doesn't do that lol.

Right enough of the depressing talk, I need to give myself a kick up the bum!
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    You know that just happens sometimes.
    Even further down the line it just happens.
    I have been on my own a long time & I am ok with saying that just someti,mes I wish there was someone just for me.

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,817
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    It is the sunshine, and all that bare flesh that does it.

Exes tend to be exes for a reason.

Keeping a man has costs -monetarily or emotionally.

Hope you feel cheerier this morning. Sorry you are feeling lonely.

You need to sort you out before going down that path.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Have a lovely Sunday :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback