IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Dubious CCJ for NHS Aintree

Options

Comments

• josean
    josean Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    What is the date of the CCJ?

If you pay within a month of the judgment, then it will be removed from the register.

Letter dated 4th May
    Do I need to do anything more than just pay the debt?
  • josean
    Options
    Am I to just post a cheque to the address on letter or find the telephone number and call them to arrange payment?
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    josean wrote: »
    Ok. There is more... My wife has just informed me that she left the car outside A&E and got a ticket and threw it away, and subsequently received letters relating to the matter but threw them away also, as she didnt want to worry me. Great! It would appear there is nothing much that I can do (vehicle registered to me) but pay the debt now. Thanks for the input.

You mean get your missus to pay it don't you? She's the one who's caused it to get to this stage without you knowing.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 May 2018 at 10:21PM
    Options
    You need to pay the Claimant and get a receipt.
    It might be a good idea to send a SAE for the return of a receipt.

Inform the court that payment has been made. Show them the receipt.

I believe the Claimant should inform the court, but it is in your interest to make sure the court knows in a timely manner.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    as above, pay it , get a receipt , show receipt to the court so the CCJ can be removed or wiped or whatever from the register

ensure this is done and if necessary check that NO ccj is registered against you by using trustpilot or similar

its far to late to appeal anything, the only other action is a set aside where you pay £255 and ask a judge to set it aside so you can fight the original court claim, this may or may not be granted by the judge and they may or may not allow you to get the £255 back

given that the address used was correct then you may have difficulty in setting it aside

I think you need to pay and get the CCJ expunged so it does not affect your credit rating for 6 years

a harsh lesson and your ladyship needs a reality check
  • josean
    Options
    Johno100 wrote: »
    You mean get your missus to pay it don't you? She's the one who's caused it to get to this stage without you knowing.

Ha ha. Yes. true.
    No, in all seriousness it was a very stressful ordeal for all involved and I am lucky to be alive.
  • josean
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    You need to pay the Claimant and get a receipt.
    It might be a good idea to send a SAE for the return of a receipt.

Inform the court that payment has been made. Show them the receipt.

I believe the Claimant should inform the court, but it is in your interest to make sure the court knows in a timely manner.
    How do I show the court the receipt?
  • josean
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    as above, pay it , get a receipt , show receipt to the court so the CCJ can be removed or wiped or whatever from the register

ensure this is done and if necessary check that NO ccj is registered against you by using trustpilot or similar

its far to late to appeal anything, the only other action is a set aside where you pay £255 and ask a judge to set it aside so you can fight the original court claim, this may or may not be granted by the judge and they may or may not allow you to get the £255 back

given that the address used was correct then you may have difficulty in setting it aside

I think you need to pay and get the CCJ expunged so it does not affect your credit rating for 6 years

a harsh lesson and your ladyship needs a reality check

Thanks.
    Hindsight, I take it that I would have had the opportunity to appeal if pursued correctly?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    josean wrote: »
    How do I show the court the receipt?
    Why not ring them and ask them that question?
  • josean
    Options
    Thanks for all your input. An expensive lesson I guess but that is life.
    We must be grateful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport