One Shot

Comments

• coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,649
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Wonder if something like a flexible hose from a vacuum cleaner could be persuaded down the U-bend to chivvy the blockage..
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Ruski wrote: »
    As per the previous post - just pretend it's clinical investigation and have a poke around - it is only clean water afterall!! :)

Plumber would charge in the region of half a days wages (£75 - 200 - yes it does vary that much!) to disconnect the toilet and look at the outlet for you.

Have you tried plunging the toilet bowl??

HTH

Russ
    Honestly, I did consider it taking it apart myself, but if I can't put it back together I'll really be up sh*t creek :o.

I'm plunging it every week but whatever it is is becoming increasingly stubborn.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • VfM4meplse
    Forumite
    Wonder if something like a flexible hose from a vacuum cleaner could be persuaded down the U-bend to chivvy the blockage..
    Tried the wire hanger method w/o success :(

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • splishsplash
    splishsplash Posts: 3,055
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just double bag your arm with 2 heavy duty bin liners and get stuck in!

You will really have to stretch and contort to get round the ubend, so be careful not to push whatever it is further into the pipework. If the blockage is in the ubend you will be able to get it out... I've had to do it many times over the years thanks to kids getting all sorts stuck.
    I'm an adult and I can eat whatever I want whenever I want and I wish someone would take this power from me.
    -Mike Primavera
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,110
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    As recommended in post #3! I have one & it's very useful.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • VfM4meplse
    Forumite
    edited 18 April 2018 at 8:58AM
    I had a bit of a chuckle whilst listening to this (from 1:40:15) on catch-up.

I had psyched myself up for finally taking Russ' advice tomorrow, using leftover nappies to soak up any excess water but I'm now thinking an even bigger plunger might be the answer. Will investigate ;)

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Did you open the manhole to check thats clear?
  • VfM4meplse
    Forumite
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Did you open the manhole to check thats clear?
    I haven't for a couple of reasons. Firstly I'm pretty certain the blockage is high up, but also because removing the manhole cover is a 2 man job (its buried under concrete bricks for aesthetic reasons).

We shall see....

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Mine is as well and I near killed myself lifting it when DH was working away so don't blame you

However mine was full to the gills , the block was our soak away , tank wasn't draining so nowhere for anything to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure