Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Freezing
Freezing Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 18 November 2021 at 10:09AM in Energy
Dear all

I just wanted to give some feed back on the terrible service we have had this Christmas from 24/7 Home Rescue.

Firstly, they are not 24/7 - whist you can make a claim with the engineering company they outsource their work to, you can't actually speak to them directly because they are closed until 5 January 2015! Which company in this day and age is closed for this long without someone being available to contact, especially when the say they are 24/7? I have asked the online "webchat" machine wether they have an emergency number they can contact and all I got was an evasive answer to the effect of "someone will call you soon" presumably when they re-open on 5 January!

Long and short of the story is that we had problems with our boiler. They sent out someone to look at it. This engineer reset the boiler and went on his way. The problems persisted and 24/7 have not sent someone to look at the boiler again as they think the problem is a pressure issue. How would they know this without even looking at the boiler after the problems persisted? Any way, it's a fault with the boiler itself but they won't send anyone out to have a look at it. The boiler has broken down again and when I called the third party engineering line we were told there was a note on the system not to send an engineer out until the dispute was investigated. Problem is, they are closed over Christmas and there is no one we can speak to.

If there was an issue which was genuinely not covered the policy then fine, we would get it fixed. But they they allegedly fixed our boiler then when the problems persisted they said it was a problem with the pressure without even looking at the boiler. Also, pressure isn't specifically excluded from the terms of their service.

I have used both British Gas and Homeserve before and for all their faults, at least you can speak to a person at the company over Christmas. Out of Homeserve and British Gas, I would say Homeserve were the best so will be going back to them.

I am sorry to say that these smaller independent companies really don't provide the same level of service.

Sorry for the rant but I was most disappointed to hear the company left us without cover over Christmas.

We've got the electric heaters on for now!

Comments

• DaveTheMus
    DaveTheMus Posts: 2,669 Forumite
    These companies are cheap for a reason...
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Too true. To add insult to injury they have been tweeting away all through the Xmas period but won't bother answering or returning customer calls because they are closed until 5 January!
  • 247homerescue
    247homerescue Posts: 128 Organisation Representative
    edited 17 February 2015 at 10:15AM
    MSE HAVE GIVEN 24/7 HOME RESCUE PERMISSION TO POST THE FOLLOWING:

Hello,

We regret to hear that you experienced problems recently.

Our emergency line [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] was open throughout the Christmas and New Year period, as was our online webchat service. This information was outlined on our social media pages and our website home page, and the emergency line number is displayed in our terms and conditions and on the documentation you received when you signed up with us.

We would like to investigate this issue further. Please contact us when you are available.
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
  • Yes I too are having great difficulties 24/7 Home & Rescue. Their service is sub-standard. Having taken out a policy with them in Dec 2014, paying my premium and they having undertaken a service in Feb 2015, they are now refusing to undertake a repair covered by the insurance. Furthermore, they are also refusing further cover under the policy as a result of their engineer's report, who actually never opened the boiler cover to investigate the problem. Total stay no longer than longer than 15mins. Ongoing saga and i'm pursuing this until i receive satisfaction. Be warned people!!
  • I recently telephoned a number that was offering free call outs to fix my fridge freezer, the lady who answered said that they could send an engineer out for a one off price of £60 which would cover repairs up to £150 and for peace of for the future by taking out a policy covering me for a further 12 months for £5 which I agreed to do.
    An engineer came around and said it was beyond economical repair and that 24/7 would contact me the next day to arrange a possible replacement.
    I heard nothing over the next 3 days so contacted them who then informed me that they couldn't do anything for me and cancelled my policy and when I questioned the one off £60 they said that was non- refundable. I told them that I wasn't told that when I took out the policy and initially contacted them because of the free call out.
    Feel totally cheated, has anyone else experienced this and is it legal???
  • katyb70
    katyb70 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 29 October 2015 at 5:59PM
    I too have been cheated by this company. Took out boiler cover but when a major repair needed they have just dumped me also stating it "wasn't worth repairing". They said I'd called them out 6 times (a lie) although it shouldn't matter as the cover boasts unlimited call outs. Also the cover says it will go to £1000 per repair. Another lie as this repair would have come in under that. Disgusting.
  • Put me on the long list of unhappy 247 customers, called them out to a central heating fault, a plumber came out the next day and said the pump had failed. Did not hear a thing from 247, had to call twice before they said it wasn't covered as the cost was more than 60% of the value of the boiler £390,( what happened to the £1000 per call out max ) I explained the pump had nothing to do with the boiler but they ignored me, it turns out that it was more than 60% of the pump (a non-repairable item). I can't think of any thing that would be covered under this policy so have canceled the policy, they have now said they will give a contribution towards my costs having had the job done by a local plumber, but if I accept I will be locked into a contract for another 12 months, thats [ £240 ) they have got a nerve, I will be using my local plumber in future. Now I'm being threatened with cancelation fees. Disgusting and more.
  • I've reported them to Watchdog. If a few more did there might be a chance to expose them.
  • Skingags wrote: »
    Put me on the long list of unhappy 247 customers, called them out to a central heating fault, a plumber came out the next day and said the pump had failed. Did not hear a thing from 247, had to call twice before they said it wasn't covered as the cost was more than 60% of the value of the boiler £390,( what happened to the £1000 per call out max ) I explained the pump had nothing to do with the boiler but they ignored me, it turns out that it was more than 60% of the pump (a non-repairable item). I can't think of any thing that would be covered under this policy so have canceled the policy, they have now said they will give a contribution towards my costs having had the job done by a local plumber, but if I accept I will be locked into a contract for another 12 months, thats [ £240 ) they have got a nerve, I will be using my local plumber in future. Now I'm being threatened with cancelation fees. Disgusting and more.

When i said i wanted to cancel they said i would have to pay £120 and if i didn't they would refer it to debt collectors. Now they actually want to dump me, but don't suppose i'll get a cancellation fee! And my boiler is broken!
  • Don't ever use this company. Their service and advisers are appalling. I have been with them two years. For the first years service the plumber turned up at the wrong TOWN and claimed we were not in ! We did eventually get the service done but this year they failed to turn up at the appointed time and left without doing the job - but 247 claim it was done . Then the boiler broke down . A simple seal (cost £8) failed . The plumber they sent could not remove the nut to release this seal so attacked it with a hammer & chisel, causing a lot more damage to the manifold and letting the water spread all over the boiler electronics. A THREE WEEK wait for extra parts (basically for a BS standard nut 28mm which cost us £2.40 from local Wicks - but they could not obtain one) before the repairs were completed. Then a week after that repair the electronics failed, because of the water damage he initiated. 247 could not even get us a plumber on this occasion (obviously we did not want Mr Neanderthal back). At their request I had to source my own plumber & parts and bill them. They did pay up in the end, but now obviously I don't want to use them again. Before the plans anniversary date I cancelled the 30 day rolling plan giving them the required notice but now they have the cheek to tell me I will have to pay a further £120 for "boiler & service charge" whatever that's supposed to be. So in effect I will pay for my own repairs !! We're still arguing over that; their terms & conditions are vague and ambiguous. I will be discussing this with my solicitor. Their advisers were very condescending whenever we complained and letters went unanswered. Any correspondence from them is always unsigned. The work when it is done is a very poor standard. Don't touch this company with a barge pole. Avoid at all costs ! Don't get burned like me .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback