The Gift Basket and Hampers Index

Comments

• I popped into M&S today and they have some really lovely bath foam, body lotion soaps talcum powder ect all for £1 a bottle! There are lots of scents to choose from and would make a great hamper/basket!
  • I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what I could put in a 'fireside' hamper. I saw one on Re-found objects which included long matches, marshmallows and a toasting fork but my brother-in-law has a wood burning stove so these wouldn't be any good. He asked for the long matches but I want to dress the present up a bit. Any ideas welcome!
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    How about a pair of gardening gloves to keep on the woodpile, so folks won't get splinters? I assume they have the 'tools' for cleaning out the grate & things--there's a special name for them & I can't for the life of me remember what it is :rolleyes: something about 'frogs' m'be?
    Must admit the first things to spring to mind were a good book, slippers, & something to drink! Not knowing what your budget is, I'll just list some things I think would be nice to have around a fireplace..
    fleece throw; floor cushion; rug; bottle of booze; thick fluffy socks; coal scuttle [to put the logs in!]; magazine rack; country landscape picture or mirror to hang over the fireplace; candle sticks; tea lights in coloured jars; nice china mugs & matching coasters;
    Guess I've given away my age group now :rotfl: Or I suppose--to be up-to-date--one of those thingies to keep all the remotes in one place; someone somewhere on these threads, was making one to go between the mattress & bed base while another was for over a chair arm.....
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• There are some fab ideas/links on this thread.

I would like to do some gifts in jars, probably the cooking ones. Do I need to get new jars or can I recycle some?
    Do I need to sterilise them and if so how?
    I intend to cover the jar with cling film or wax paper and then decorate /disguise the lid.

Thanks

Jane
    Jane 2112
  • llydaw
    llydaw Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Amberdarcy wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what I could put in a 'fireside' hamper. I saw one on Re-found objects which included long matches, marshmallows and a toasting fork but my brother-in-law has a wood burning stove so these wouldn't be any good. He asked for the long matches but I want to dress the present up a bit. Any ideas welcome!

I bought something like this pre my mse days. It had old newspapers folded neatly. Long matches, fire lighters, a small brush and shovel and sticks for lighting the fire. You could possible include some dried orange and cinnamon to put on fire at christmas to make the room smell nice.
  • Great post, thanks for the ideas.
  • fi77a
    fi77a Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi,
    Unfortunately, I am one of the people who have to work Christmas day, but I won't be alone. We have decided to bring a small gift in which could be for male/female and costs no more than £5 and we don't know who will get which gift. I thought about making a survival kit for workers on Christmas day but could really do with some ideas of things to put in it as well as a funny rhyme. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks
  • Im subscribing to a few of these forums, great site, brilliant hopefully i can pick some ideas up and hopefully i can think of some, hope this ok, i`m new
  • hi guys ! i have no Christmas item please contact me . . . ;)
  • Hey I like these ideas, I have also found best Valentines gifts for some one very special. Valentine’s Day is the festival of love in which you can give gift to your beloved one and express your deep affection. Make this Valentine’s Day more blissful and memorable with our special Valentines Gifts.Valentine’s Day is the festival of love in which you can give gift to your beloved one and express your deep affection. Make this Valentine’s Day more blissful and memorable with our special Valentines Gifts.;)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure