Dog Racing 1p Meal Deal

Comments

• nooksky
    nooksky Posts: 218
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm a great dog lover and have dog's myself, and do enjoy going to the races.. I think there is two sides to ever story and not all dog owners who race dog's are all bad!!
    Like in anything there is always a minority that give the sport a bad name. Let everyone decide by theirselves if they want a night out at the races, or if they think it's cruel and unkind...
    I really don't want people throwing things down my throat and telling me to or not to do things. When I think I can decide for myself.
    *Don't let the b******s get you down ;) *
  • alidai
    alidai Posts: 580
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Forgetting the arguments about the rights and wrongs of dog racing etc,

I have been to Belle Vue before and the food there is less than pleasant to say the least, probably only worth 1p!!!
  • nooksky wrote: »
    I'm a great dog lover and have dog's myself, and do enjoy going to the races.. I think there is two sides to ever story and not all dog owners who race dog's are all bad!!
    Like in anything there is always a minority that give the sport a bad name. Let everyone decide by theirselves if they want a night out at the races, or if they think it's cruel and unkind...
    I really don't want people throwing things down my throat and telling me to or not to do things. When I think I can decide for myself.

If you were a genuine dog lover, you would have to be a very ill-informed one to even think of going to the races for pleasure. The scale of the problem is one that is truly astonishing. The "lucky" dogs who make it into pet homes may never get over the trauma of bad treatment, physical injury, years of being institutionalised and the stress of a kennel life. Thousands of dogs are unaccounted for every year. It takes people like Mutley Muppet to get the message out there to everyone who thinks that racing is "fun" for dogs. To think this problem is a small part of the racing industry is a great mistake.
  • Tarry
    Tarry Posts: 11,195 Forumite
    Well said Woofoff :)
    The Very Right Honourable Lady Tarry of the Alphabetty thread
    -I just love finding bargains and saving money
    I love to travel as much as I can when I can
    Life has a way to test you, it's how you deal with this that matters
  • I have been to the dogs a handful of times before and would probably have gone with this offer. I don't know if the problem is a small minority, or the majority but I can't go now, I couldn't look those dogs in the eye now just incase.
    AKA: PC

Rest in Peace Fred the Maddest Muppet in Heaven :heart:
  • Tomtom07 wrote: »
    As I do not go to dog racing the info given I didn't know, if anyone else feels strongly about this,let me know and I will get this thread deleted.

No please don't overreact because of one person.

Better a lot of people get some pleasure and a cheap night out than not.

I don't subscribe to the theory of animal cruelty anyway.
  • I suppose now isn't a good time to post Grabbits for the following items:

Real seal cub fur coats
    Pate de Fois Gras
    Clothes from Primark's Kuala Lumpar distribtion node
    Cologne tested on rabbits' eyes

etc

etc

:D
  • dervish wrote: »
    Better a lot of people get some pleasure and a cheap night out than not.

I don't subscribe to the theory of animal cruelty anyway.

A theory is something else entirely. Remember the "Weapons of Mass Destruction?" now THAT turned out to be just a theory.

THIS is totally different, and is well proven, and there are many many proven and well documented cases to support that, even the few in this thread total many thousands of individual animals

If you wish to support mistreating animals and contend it is a good thing, then that is your right, but do not pretend it is not real. It is also our right to expose such atrocities, and campaign for their cessation . The same thing happened when certain people denied the Holocaust happened. It is a common "defense" of unsupportable acts. If someone supports what most peolple readily accept as appalling behaviour, then do so, but do not assume that denying the obvious will ever make it right..

As for a lot of people getting pleasure out of something, I would suggest to you that pleasure is EXACTLY what paedophiles get when assaulting helpless children, and that is NOT what civilised people support either :-(

The call to delete this thread is also a misguided one, this is exactly the sort of thing that should be shouted about and drawn to public attention. There are many people who are completely unaware that such extensive and organised cruelty occurs on a daily basis in this country, and the more that know, the better, as dog racing has continually marketed itself as some sort of pleasant family activity in recent years, something that needs putting to right
  • nihcaj wrote: »
    A theory is something else entirely. Remember the "Weapons of Mass Destruction?" now THAT turned out to be just a theory.

THIS is totally different, and is well proven, and there are many many proven and well documented cases to support that, even the few in this thread total many thousands of individual animals

If you wish to support mistreating animals and contend it is a good thing, then that is your right, but do not pretend it is not real. It is also our right to expose such atrocities, and campaign for their cessation . The same thing happened when certain people denied the Holocaust happened. It is a common "defense" of unsupportable acts. If someone supports what most peolple readily accept as appalling behaviour, then do so, but do not assume that denying the obvious will ever make it right..

As for a lot of people getting pleasure out of something, I would suggest to you that pleasure is EXACTLY what paedophiles get when assaulting helpless children, and that is NOT what civilised people support either :-(

The call to delete this thread is also a misguided one, this is exactly the sort of thing that should be shouted about and drawn to public attention. There are many people who are completely unaware that such extensive and organised cruelty occurs on a daily basis in this country, and the more that know, the better, as dog racing has continually marketed itself as some sort of pleasant family activity in recent years, something that needs putting to right

what a lot of lefty nonsense.

Why can't I go out and enjoy a meal for 1p? Does that mean I need to be lectured by you?

Just becuase I talke up a great offer doesn't mean I support animal cruelty does it?

Anyway if greyhounds are being injured etc then it wil go on regardless of whether my family goes for a lovely cheap night or not won't it? Its really nothing to do with me...
  • dervish wrote: »
    what a lot of lefty nonsense.

Why can't I go out and enjoy a meal for 1p? Does that mean I need to be lectured by you?

Just becuase I talke up a great offer doesn't mean I support animal cruelty does it?

Anyway if greyhounds are being injured etc then it wil go on regardless of whether my family goes for a lovely cheap night or not won't it? Its really nothing to do with me...

Alternatively, you could of just written " Im not very bright".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure