Average gas and electric bill?

Comments

• hi we are with n power, we live in a 3 bedroomed house 2 adults,im home all the time,we had the house insulated 2 years ago,we currently pay 56 per month for both gas and electric by direct debit,this amount has just come down from 69 per month in june when we came off the fixed rate we had with them..... o and yes im very good at money saving as im in bed most of the time which saves on heating lol.:D
    always send a smile as it costs nothing..

:beer:
  • st999
    st999 Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Me and my wife both retired and in all day and night living in a 3 bed semi in sunny Scotland with warm air gas heating are using 19500 Kwhs gas and 4200 Kwhs electricity a year.

At least that is what we used last year. And for this we are paying Eon £102 per month.

Stan
  • £45 gas and electric on scottish southern electric. and we have 2 young children this has been for the last 3 months - a cold time of year i'd reccomend it to anyone paying £100+ to try them
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 February 2010 at 12:45PM
    mumof2nbx wrote: »
    £45 gas and electric on scottish southern electric. and we have 2 young children this has been for the last 3 months - a cold time of year i'd reccomend it to anyone paying £100+ to try them
    Thanks for the info.

Interesting to see from this thread how the prices have changed over the last 4 years :eek:

You may also want to compare what you've consumed vs what the supplier takes in monthly DD payments, as following the recent cold spell, if you really are using just £45 per month, you are using far less than the average 3 bedroomed household, who probably spent about £20 per week just on keeping the property warm!

As many other threads will demonstrate, the amount you pay monthly by DD may have little regard to what you've actually consumed ... and therefore owe.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • Nade_2
    Nade_2 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Why is that everyone here seems to be paying so much less than me? Why do I have to pay £120-£150+ in a flat.
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Storage heaters?
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • michael1983l
    michael1983l Posts: 1,916 Forumite
    edited 17 February 2010 at 2:55AM
    Cashcade wrote: »
    What would approximate annual cost of gas and elec be for a 3 bedroomed house, based on 2 adults and a kid?

I'm trying to estimate how much it would cost and incorporate it into outgoings so i could incorporate into budget?

We have a small 3 bed house, 2 adults 1 child. I am quite prudent with the centeral heating though. We pay atm (winter) £50-60 a month gas and £15 - 20 electricity
  • Nade_2
    Nade_2 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Storage heaters?

With or without them on it still takes roughly the same amount.

Now I find out we were not put onto Economy 7 but Economy 10, they just mixed us all up to suit them tbh.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    £20 gas and £100 electric per month. Gas cooking, heating and hot water, electric lighting, TV and computers
  • I think you have your bills the wrong way around there. Gas is by far the more expensive fuel and you seem to be using more gas than electric.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure