Unlock your ZTE 627 Mobile Broadband Dongle (the free one from MicroP) for FREE!

Comments

• andyuk1
    andyuk1 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Took about 35Mins to unlock mine
  • balajo
    balajo Posts: 44 Forumite
    andyuk1 wrote: »
    Took about 35Mins to unlock mine
    How do you know it is unlocked?
    Does it say so when the process is finished?
  • balajo
    balajo Posts: 44 Forumite
    YES, YOU CAN UNLOCK THESE FOR FREE (these are the ones you can get free from http://www.3dongle4free.co.uk/ - just pay £4.95) :

Everything you need to unlock this dongle can be found here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/235523732/ZTE2.rar.html

Just download the files and follow the instructions. Also works on earlier versions. Please take care when doing this, as it involves flashing the firmware on your device. If you don't follow the instructions correctly, you could end up bricking your dongle. You choose to flash your dongle at your own risk.

Thanks to FastEddie and Harlzter over at HUKD.

A full global list of Mobile Broadband provider settings can be found here:

http://www.vysoo.com/apn.php#403
    I dont understand how you make use of these settings.
  • howsoonisnow
    howsoonisnow Posts: 64 Forumite
    Slightly off topic - but what program do I need to run/open the downloaded file, which has a "*.rar" extension?
  • DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Slightly off topic - but what program do I need to run/open the downloaded file, which has a "*.rar" extension?

winrar amongst others.

Cheers, Des.
  • caz567
    caz567 Posts: 27 Forumite
    cagey76 wrote: »
    Add On package to add Mobile Internet for 50p per day

Is that package unlimited bandwidth ? I am looking for the cheapest option to get me surfing ability 8 hours a day (share prices on a laptop at work during the internet crackdown we are having)

I've just looked at the PAYG T&C's and it states unlimited access. Also according to the T&C's you can add "Internet Monthly" for £5 and it gives unlimited access for 30 days. It all sounds too good to be true, but I'm willing to give it a go.

I've just requested a PAYG sim online from Three's website, it's free as far as I can see.

I'm not allowed to post links so hopefully you'll be able to find the relevant information ok.
  • Jemma-T
    Jemma-T Posts: 1,546 Forumite
    For those looking to unzip (unRAR) those files be very careful where you go looking for programs to do that.

Use the trial www.softpedia.com/get/Compression-tools/WinRAR.shtml

Or a completely free and excellent alternative www.izarc.org
  • Anyone know if the unlocked dongles will work on a Mac. Is the software with this mod generic or windows only?

Thanks for pointing it out, looks a very useful thing, I don't like that the £10 updates only last a month, I only use this occasionally but having such a short period to use the data is annoying.
  • iceburn
    iceburn Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Post
    caz567 wrote: »
    I've just looked at the PAYG T&C's and it states unlimited access. Also according to the T&C's you can add "Internet Monthly" for £5 and it gives unlimited access for 30 days. It all sounds too good to be true, but I'm willing to give it a go.

I've just requested a PAYG sim online from Three's website, it's free as far as I can see.

I'm not allowed to post links so hopefully you'll be able to find the relevant information ok.

Why cant you post the link to three website?

Anyway about the 50p a day / £5 monthly unlimited If I remember correctly "offiically" it is for handset usage only and not to be used connected to a laptop / desktop. So they can block it if they detect it. But dont think there is any report that has happen to date.
  • caz567
    caz567 Posts: 27 Forumite
    edited 3 June 2009 at 8:39AM
    iceburn wrote: »
    Why cant you post the link to three website?

When I tried to submit my post with links I had a message telling me I was unable to include links due to being a new user. I'm not really that new a user, but I guess I probably haven't posted the minimum number of posts to allow me to post links.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure