Quidco - New Premium

zharrt
zharrt Posts: 70
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 5 December 2020 at 4:51PM in All shopped out!
Apologies if this is the wrong place, but can anyone explain to me how the new premium feature works for Quido, my gut feeling is changes like this never work in the interest of us, only the company!

Just checked and I didn't even realise I was on the old premium account, and it seems I can't downgrade to the basic account until 2020!

Comments

• quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Organisation Representative
    zharrt wrote: »
    Apologies if this is the wrong place, but can anyone explain to me how the new premium feature works for Quido, my gut feeling is changes like this never work in the interest of us, only the company!

Just checked and I didn't even realise I was on the old premium account, and it seems I can't downgrade to the basic account until 2020!

Hey zharrt!

We've launched our new premium membership recently to give even more benefits and flexibility to our members. You can now experience all the benefits of premium for as little as £1 a month! For any months of inactivity you would not pay the £1 :beer:

Here's what you get when you upgrade to our new premium:

- Up to 10% top-up on cashback rates
    - Up to 20% payout bonus
    - 10% Highest Cashback Guarantee bonus (We would match the higher rate and add in an additional 10%)
    - Ad free experience

If you'd like to upgrade to receive the new premium benefits, it's easy to do and you can do this by logging into your account and visiting your setting page here.

If you want to discuss your current membership please drop me an email on joseph@quidco.com and I'd be happy to help you with that!

-Joseph
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Mine says I can't downgrade until June 2020 because I paid my £5/year premium fee in June this year I'm guessing?

What happens to that subscription I've already paid for? ..and now they want £1/month on top??

I'm not fully understanding this I don't think.
  • zharrt
    zharrt Posts: 70
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    Mine says I can't downgrade until June 2020 because I paid my £5/year premium fee in June this year I'm guessing?

What happens to that subscription I've already paid for? ..and now they want £1/month on top??

I'm not fully understanding this I don't think.

I think we are in the same boat, we have just paid the £5 so can stay on the old premium until the end of the 12 months, or upgrade to the new premium which will cost upto £1 per month
    Hey guys. So it looks like you're both in a similar position with you both being a current premium member. Your current premium memberships will continue to run as normal with the same benefits until your renewal dates. You won't need to worry that you've already paid your £5 fee as you're still getting your current benefits and won't be paying the £1 an active month until your renewal date arrives and you are on the new premium.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have, so don't hesitate to ask :)
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Up to 10% top-up on cashback rates
    Up to 20% payout bonus

"Up to".......its a bit like the.........Up to 75% off in sales.....which means 75% off the cr4p and 5% off the rest
  • Hey guys. So it looks like you're both in a similar position with you both being a current premium member. Your current premium memberships will continue to run as normal with the same benefits until your renewal dates. You won't need to worry that you've already paid your £5 fee as you're still getting your current benefits and won't be paying the £1 an active month until your renewal date arrives and you are on the new premium.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have, so don't hesitate to ask :)

Thanks for explaining that - but will we get the same (new) Premium Benefits as those opting to pay £1/month ?
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    Thanks for explaining that - but will we get the same (new) Premium Benefits as those opting to pay £1/month ?

With the new premium membership you'd have access to a few extra features, I've listed these just below 👇😊

Cashback at 4500+ retailers
    Up to 10% top-up on cashback rates
    10% Highest Cashback Guarantee top-up
    Up to 20% payout bonuses
    Ad-free experience

Along with this, you have more flexibility with when you want to upgrade, you may want to make a bigger purchase, for example you may want the higher rates with Christmas coming up so could use the premium features for this 😁 -Joseph (Joseph@quidco.com)
  • What is the fee when it has been an active month but cash back earned is under £1?

For me, there are often months where I have been active but only earned a few pence here and there - all adds up, but not if it all gets swiped in fees. Can we now be left owing fees, which are then carried over to a more fruitful active month?
    Jockscrap wrote: »
    What is the fee when it has been an active month but cash back earned is under £1?

For me, there are often months where I have been active but only earned a few pence here and there - all adds up, but not if it all gets swiped in fees. Can we now be left owing fees, which are then carried over to a more fruitful active month?

This would still be a £1 for each active month if you're on the new premium. The great thing is that you'll have more flexibility on your account though, you can downgrade if you know you're going to have a quieter month to save the £1 fee. Also, if you make no purchases in the 30- day period you'd have no £1 charged for that 😊

If you usually only make a small amount of cashback each month, it may be worth being on the basic account until you need to make a big purchase. You could then upgrade and take advantage of the higher cashback rates :T -Joseph (Joseph@quidco.com)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 2 December 2019 at 3:30PM
    Hey guys. So it looks like you're both in a similar position with you both being a current premium member. Your current premium memberships will continue to run as normal with the same benefits until your renewal dates. You won't need to worry that you've already paid your £5 fee as you're still getting your current benefits and won't be paying the £1 an active month until your renewal date arrives and you are on the new premium.

With the new premium membership you'd have access to a few extra features, I've listed these just below ����

Cashback at 4500+ retailers
    Up to 10% top-up on cashback rates
    10% Highest Cashback Guarantee top-up
    Up to 20% payout bonuses
    Ad-free experience

Along with this, you have more flexibility with when you want to upgrade, you may want to make a bigger purchase, for example you may want the higher rates with Christmas coming up so could use the premium features for this �� -Joseph (Joseph@quidco.com)

I have been a Quidco member for many years and have valued the service you offer. However, I may be missing something, but as an existing Premium member, I understood I was already getting these benefits, until you now seem to have removed some of them? What is the benefit of existing Premium now, having paid the fee already for the year please?

I found out from a friend yesterday that they had just signed up to the "new" Premium and for example are getting offered 50% more cashback on some offers over the weekend compared to me, as an existing Premium member. I would not even know about this logged in as an existing Premium member, as there was no mention of this offer on my account that I saw - for example, they mentioned 105% cashback on NordVPN, compared to 72% that I see :(.

As a member who has paid the Premium fee for many years, and have already paid for the Premium service until the middle of next year, this is not treating existing Premium members fairly? Calling it the same thing does not help to differentiate either :huh:. It is possible existing customers will not see offers that Basic and "new" Premium will do (Basic being shown what offers they could get if they upgrade, new Premium seeing the new offers - existing Premium missing out and not even knowing about it, as with the NordVPN example above).

Existing Premium customers should be offered the chance of a refund on existing fees to switch now to "new" Premium, or offered the same benefits until renewal - or made aware of what extra offers are available and a route to upgrading without losing the fee already paid. There was no mention about what would happen to the fee already paid in the email announcing "new" Premium, just that "If you prefer, you're welcome to remain on your current premium service. You'll then be auto enrolled to the new service upon your renewal date. See our FAQs page for more information." The FAQs shows the difference between new Premium and Basic, with no mention what the difference is between existing Premium and new Premium.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback