IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Fine after 30seconds

Options

Comments

• jrc123
    jrc123 Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 31 July 2017 at 4:37PM
    Options
    imgur.com/
    imgur.com/
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    prosaver wrote: »
    so what is i dont know what toc means ??
    anyway he park simple as that, and ussally the fine less if you pay it early to PCM Ltd .. dont think its a con tho..
    http://paymypcn-uk.co.uk/ contact them if your not sure

This is extremely misleading advice. It is not a 'fine' and you are advised NEVER to contact a PPC (or you will come out 'second best').

@Prosaver - where are you 'prosaving' for this poster? Your username belies your advice.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 30 May 2017 at 4:08PM
    Options
    The images show you walking over to read a low-placed sign. Really there is no need to do any more, except ignore 'prosaver' and collect all letters.

This is exactly like the Heath Parade scam site with 'Mrs Sunglasses' taking photos, as outed by the Parking Prankster.

Come back if PCM are daft enough to try a small claim over this. I've just written a £500 counter-claim for someone over a byelaws location where a private firm thought it can issue fake PCNs.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    why do you think you dont have to pay the agency? dont they work for network rail?

Agency? You think PCM, ex-clampers exposed by Watchdog, are an AGENCY issuing real penalties for Network Rail? No, they are not.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    prosaver wrote: »
    theres a sign saying no parking by network rail.. why do you think you dont have to pay the agency? dont they work for network rail?

possably , but they are not authorised (by law) to pester people quoting the wrong part of UK legislation

in some cases this gets very very close to obtaining monew will ,,,,,,,,,,,,

please don a bit of research regarding bylaw land , and refrain from telling people to ring a scammer ,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 30 May 2017 at 4:16PM
    Options
    here is the IPC CoP details
    9. Byelaws
    It is your responsibility to establish whether any land upon which you operate is
    subject to any Byelaws.

Where land is subject to Byelaws you must ensure that your practices are in accordance with them or, alternatively, that you operate a scheme that is not prohibited by them.

and

11. Holding Yourself out as the Authorities
    You must not state or imply you have any government or regulatory powers if this is not the case.

You must ensure your company stationery and all other forms of correspondence or communication do not describe any charge which may be issued to a driver in terms that imply you have any authority as defined above by use of such words as ‘fine’ or ‘penalty’, nor must the term ‘PCN’ be used unless it has been previously defined as reference to a ‘Parking Charge Notice’.
    a parking contractor cannot issue penalty notices on railway land and there is no contract to park and stopping for 30 seconds is not "parking" , and as shown above it is not a "fine" either

here is what the IPC CoP says about it
    14. Predatory Tactics
    You must not use predatory or misleading tactics to lure drivers into incurring parking charges.

Such instances will be viewed as a serious instance of non-compliance and will be dealt with under the sanctions system as defined in schedule 2 to the Code.

15. Grace Periods
    Drivers should be allowed a sufficient amount of time to park and read any signs so they may make an informed decision as to whether or not to remain on the site.
    SO bearing the above in mind , how can prosaver or anyone else expect that this is legit and must be paid ?

its not and should not be paid

PCM are not an authorised "agency" , they are ex clampers trying it on and trying parking charges as a means of raising revenue where a TOC should actully take this to a magistrates court if they had sufficient grounds to do so

even the IPC CoP allows you to do what you did and any judge or magistrate would agree that 30 seconds is a short time to do so, up to 5 minutes would be nearer the mark and their pictures show that you complied with the IPC CoP

and NETWORK RAIL do not employ private parking contractors
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Well put, Redx. I used some of the above CoP points in a counter-claim over a byelaws site on pepipoo. I had some fun with it, too...
  • prosaver
    prosaver Posts: 7,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    possably , but they are not authorised (by law) to pester people quoting the wrong part of UK legislation

in some cases this gets very very close to obtaining monew will ,,,,,,,,,,,,

please don a bit of research regarding bylaw land , and refrain from telling people to ring a scammer ,
    ok thanks

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
  • jrc123
    jrc123 Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Umkomaas, Coupon-mad, pappa golf

thanks for the advice.
    For now i will ignore the letters and collect them as you all said.

Is there anything i can read about bye-laws for situations like this?

Coupon-mad where can i read about the case you mentioned on private land?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure