What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 7th May?

Comments

• allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 8 May 2018 at 2:57PM
    Hi May Moneysavers,

Stlll my weekend here

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

* Work very hard on my own mental health issues. Do Holistrio App.

* Check online banking and broadband usage.

* Turned off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

* Celebrating my Debt Free Anniversary today with homemade waffles.

* Bought a SatNav. Sick of getting lost and wasting fuel.

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • E11ie
    E11ie Posts: 47 Forumite
    Hi Everyone

Can't believe Tuesday is nearly over, I worked yesterday and today which was a NSD - hard work given 2 people offered to pick me up an iced smoothie from Costa, especially given how hot it was. Anyway I was very proud to keep to my NSD goal and added another £2.50 to my resisted purchases savings pot lol. I also took healthy packed lunches in both days.

For the rest of the week I aim to:
    • Use the gym at least 3 times (1 trip done today) and fill my water bottle while there too
    • Take old clothes to be sold at a recycling place nearby - only 50p a kg but it all helps
    • Go and join the local library
    • Ring Vodafone AGAIN, as our previously intermittent internet is now no internet at all :mad: (3 days and counting, using my phone as a wifi hotspot right now) I will try and persuade them to credit my bill.
    • Do some baking to use up items in the cupboard
    • Post eBay sales
    • Update spreadsheet
    • Swagbucks

Hope you all have a good rest of the week :j
    Total debts £6471.03 / £6261 all currently on 0% interest
    Make £2018 in 2018 = £1010
    Focus on 1% challenge = £64.50
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    E11ie wrote: »
    • Ring Vodafone AGAIN, as our previously intermittent internet is now no internet at all :mad: (3 days and counting, using my phone as a wifi hotspot right now) I will try and persuade them to credit my bill.

Good luck... I'm with Vodapants and I feel your pain.
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    E11ie wrote: »
    [*]Ring Vodafone AGAIN, as our previously intermittent internet is now no internet at all :mad: (3 days and counting, using my phone as a wifi hotspot right now) I will try and persuade them to credit my bill.

I hate vodapants (:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: CLF!) but was with them for a decade. They took over £300 from my account - fair enough I went over my minutes but it was at a terrible time in our lives (our granddaughter came to live with us due to my daughter's illness and I was having to make a lot of calls because of the situation. We were broke and suddenly had £900 extra pcm to find to cover childcare costs. Their attitude stank.

I made them pay for it for about 3 years. Each year telling them I wanted to cancel as I HATED them. I got unlimited packages for about £6pm after that. Until this year and I terminated my relationship with them. Never again will they get a penny from me!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • determined_new_ms
    spudsmum just wanted to say try not to beat yourself up. It's like that, ups and downs. Once the bigger stuff is done you're in the long haul territory and need to find ways to keep motivated. That's why this small things thread was started, keep us all plodding on with a bit of camaraderie. Remember you are doing fantastically!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • E11ie
    E11ie Posts: 47 Forumite
    Vodapants!:rotfl: AMAZING!!

This is just the latest in a looooong line of mistakes, such as sending a new phone to an old address that had been removed from my account a year previously, cutting off phone 1 when I requested they terminate phone 2 from the contract, then taking 3 days to reconnect it and charging £314 for an "early cancellation" fee. I could go on, I won't!!

I like the idea of making them PAY though, I was going to cancel my contract as soon as I can (November) but I will certainly try the "I hate you guys" route - it's true!
    Total debts £6471.03 / £6261 all currently on 0% interest
    Make £2018 in 2018 = £1010
    Focus on 1% challenge = £64.50
  • Slytherin
    Slytherin Posts: 57 Forumite
    I usually spend £4.95 per week on bottled water (the tap after at work is undrinkable) but I've found another shop with larger bottles for cheaper meaning I can now spend £2 per week and have more water for my buck! This will save me over £140 per year :j
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all :hello: my early day for me so a quick post to keep me on the straight and narrow before I head out the door:

Hot drink for commute
    Lunch is left over tea from ast night as I couldn't finish it
    Tea will be yesterday's lunch :rotfl:
    Refilled bottled at home to take
    Some steps in at lunchtime with a walking group
    Get DH to take insurance form if he can, although he's sans car as it's having it's mot so I might have to do it tomorrow
    Check banking, update sheet
    Double check tonight I have the presents needed for all the May birthdays, cards from my stash
    Check nothing needs watering tonight
    Hopefully gym tonight as I don't want to be late Home as I'm in early (famous last words)
    Stick to food plan

Have a good day folks. Purps.
  • determined_new_ms
    edited 9 May 2018 at 8:19AM
    Morning purps :D Hope you have a great day! We're off airport bound around 10 but before we go I need to:

[STRIKE]* make lunches/food to take[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* triage fridge, freeze anything that can be![/STRIKE]
    * call school and mark madam as absent for the next week :D (luckily she is still 4 so apart from general disapproval nothing can be done!)
    * hang up load of washing done last night on clothes horse
    * go through mine and madam's hair with a fine toothed comb :(
    [STRIKE]* repot my seedlings and give neighbour key to water for us[/STRIKE]
    * split & repot shop bought basil plant :D

Think that's it! We have got sandwiches, fruit, crisps and more fruit for the journey to stop oh from spending all our cash at the airport! We arrive at the airport around 9pm our time so hopefully it's enough for madam not to be starving!

Hope you all have a lovely week x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Slytherin wrote: »
    I usually spend £4.95 per week on bottled water (the tap after at work is undrinkable) but I've found another shop with larger bottles for cheaper meaning I can now spend £2 per week and have more water for my buck! This will save me over £140 per year :j

Could a water filter jug be an option? I bought a cheap one from Argos for the same reason

Or even petition the management for a water cooler?
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts