New but not new - Year 1 of 5!

Comments

• Betterthanever
    Betterthanever Posts: 584 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 February 2018 at 2:51PM
    A few days since I updated - time goes by so quickly at the mo! But January is done and dusted and we are into a new month, so here we go.

January saw me make £432.56 from various extras. All very useful money when it comes to reducing the deficit and having the life we want to live.

The mortgage benefited from an overpayment too, so the figure needed to be mortgage neutral has become more attractive too - Under £110,000 as things stand, so although that will increase again later in the year, it is starting to look like a somewhat less scary figure!

Overall in the month, we reduced our total deficit (debt less savings) by £2003.18. I am very happy with this.

The house is going on the market tomorrow - the estate agent is due to take photos in an hour or so, and seems confident of a quick sale. But of course they all say that. It is realistically priced I feel compared with others around in the area. Fingers crossed on that one.

I'm now able to say I start my new job "next month".....exciting!

Happy February everyone - the mornings are less dark now so spring is on its way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Blimey they are amazing totals all round.
    BE proud :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • I am, Beanie - I remember all too clearly just how bad it was in years gone by. Back then I could never have dreamed of being in the position I am in now. I am very grateful for MSE - as you know it has been invaluable to me in this journey of mine!
  • beanielou
    I am, Beanie - I remember all too clearly just how bad it was in years gone by. Back then I could never have dreamed of being in the position I am in now. I am very grateful for MSE - as you know it has been invaluable to me in this journey of mine!

& on mine too :)
    12 years this month I think.
    Time just flies.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Gosh, 10 days since I updated! In my "old" guise I don't think I ever went more than about 10 mins between posts!

Anyway, I've been burning the candle at both ends, and don't know where the time has gone to, really. It's all go.....3 weeks left at my current job, so that's coming round very quickly. I've had some studying to do ahead of the new job, which I am pleased to say I finished today, so that takes a big stress away from me. It has been tiring, but I am glad I have done it, as it was for a subject I really thought I was never going to "get"!!

Moneywise, we are doing ok - I am still reaping the rewards from various outlets - surveys whilst on the bus, bits from topcashback, a couple of wins from free spins, and an ebay sale have all helped keep the totals looking acceptable!

Housewise - well, the estate agent we have been using for the marketing of our existing home has gone into administration! So we have had to start again - a new agent came round yesterday and took photos etc... we are not yet "live" with it (although I do keep checking their website!) but hopefully we will be so very shortly and we can get things moving.

Jobs for the weekend include ringing sky to cancel sky sports - my monthly bill from them seems to be getting ever larger and we just don't have time to watch all the things we used to, so off the package it must come!

Exercise etc - well, I've genuinely not had time to get to the gym. I have been studying before work, at lunchtime, and after work, and I have truly missed the exercise. We are planning on hitting the gym tomorrow morning, though, so hopefully I can soon get back into it. One good thing is that my gym is literally a couple of hundred yards from my new office, so once I start the new job, it will be so much easier to go. Bring it on!!
  • beanielou
    Good to hear from you.
    Was just hoping yours wasent one of the 'lost' diaries.

• Lost diaries? Ooh that is something I have missed. I've not caught up yet on anything on mse and feel quite out of touch!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You really have been busy, haven't you! I'm glad the studying is complete, at least. I'm finding that as really big jobs get ticked off, I do feel lighter. Its a good feeling :)

Have a great weekend.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Courgette
    Courgette Posts: 3,230 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What an excellent diary! Have just read from the beginning - mega inspirational! I *think* I know who you were - was decent coffee something you'd never compromise on even as the world crumbled around you?

Anyway, definitely looking forward to your updates! I'm even tempted to investigate SB although I'm not sure there's space in my brick for any apps. I did do t0lluna years ago and after spending hours and hours on it never even made it to the first pay out so it put me off really.

Good luck with operation pencil skirt!
    A reminder to myself: Persistence Pays Off ;):D :idea: :rotfl:
    Mortgage 1: [STRIKE]£95,000[/STRIKE] £78,900 at 3.1%
    Mortgage 2 (BTL): £83, 489.15 at 2.99% (I.O.)
    Savings (S&S ISA): £3000 Plus 6 months emergency savings earning 3%
  • Haha...yes, decent coffee is the mainstay of my life!! In fact I was such a regular in the coffee shop opposite my office, that the manager Asked me out on a date.....and we have got married a couple of years ago. The directors at work bought us a mega coffee machine as our wedding present so I get amazing coffee made forme at home every day. Life really is so good compared with days of old!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure