MSE does not recognize me when do soft search

Options
The following message was posted 10 years ago but never got a response. Just tried again today to do a soft search as I want to shift a credit card to a zero interest card but told there is an error

"Im trying to shop around and do soft searches on my eligibility to get best deal on 0% balance transfers for credit cards.

3 sites including this one return saying cannot be found or eligibility not established or not enough info given?

I have a score of 430 on equifax which is good and above the UK average but I want to find the best 0% interest free balance credit card to improve my debt problems.

Anyone have any ideas why I am not able to get any info on elgibility? I have been in current home 3 years and the one before that 3 years and both times been on the electorol

I have no CCjs or anything like that and can provide 16 years of addresses

thanks

fast forward 10 years and the MSE site still cant find me, Been on electoral at current and previous address, had the same bank account for 25 years, I have a credit footprint on experian and the other main one, I have a credit card, loan with Halifax and a private car hire loan so why cant I do a soft search on MSE ??

Comments

• MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    Options
    Gerrymouse wrote: »

MSE site still cant find me, Been on electoral at current and previous address, had the same bank account for 25 years, I have a credit footprint on experian and the other main one, I have a credit card, loan with Halifax and a private car hire loan so why cant I do a soft search on MSE ??

Hi Gerrymouse

Thanks for your post. If you fail to be matched on our eligibility tools, there should be some info shared with you to help you try and resolve the problem.

I've copied this for you below. Unfortunately Experian who we work with for this tool, doesn't provide us with any personalised rejection information. But I hope this helps.
    Oops! We haven't been able to give you a score to show your chance of being accepted for some cards. This may be because we couldn't match some of the details you've given us.

Have you given us your full name, and not a nickname (eg, Thomas instead of Tom)?
    Is your date of birth correct?
    Is your current address correct?
    Have you checked that your previous addresses are correct?
    Is the information about the time you've lived at each address correct?
    Click here to go back, check and update those details.
    Also,

Check that you're on the electoral roll – if you're not, the tool will struggle to find you. See our credit scores guide.
    If you've tried these, you could contact Experian (which powers the tool) to ensure that your details are correct on its systems: http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/contact-us/
  • Gerrymouse
    Gerrymouse Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    Hmmm so how come I just logged onto clearscore and there is a credit search by MSE on there, 13th March 2017

Clear score is driven by Experian

I have a massive credit footprint so none of the explanation makes any sense
  • john2054
    john2054 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    It is more likely to be because the names/dates of the credit cards/accounts you entered, don't match up. The reason why they couldn't verify you. I have actually had this problem myself in the past, to be honest with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure