Does Anyone Know Update and advice still needed

tesuhoha
tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
edited 19 August 2019 at 10:37AM in Marriage, relationships & families
My son bought tickets for the Reading Festival. I am not sure why but he and his girlfriend are unable to go now. He obviously cannot sell them as it says non transferable on the tickets and they have his name on. Is there anything he can do? Would the organisers refund the money and resell the tickets.

He doesn't want to make a profit, just wants his £400 back. He says he doesn't want to talk about it and just to forget it but I wondered if there was an option for him to return them. I was just reading about a company called Twickets who are mentioned on the Reading official site but if he sells them through this agent, would the buyer be able to gain admission with his name on them?
The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

Comments

• suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    There are tickets for sale on Safetickets so you may still be able to sell yours. My daughter sold her Leeds one to a fri3nd.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • tesuhoha
    I just thought it was a bit dodgy if your name was on the ticket as they might ask for ID at the gate.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    He would need to sell through an official ticket seller. e.g. Ticketmaster resell tickets but you may need to have bought the tickets from them
    https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/ticket-exchange

Who did he buy them from?
  • tesuhoha
    sheramber wrote: »
    He would need to sell through an official ticket seller. e.g. Ticketmaster resell tickets but you may need to have bought the tickets from them
    https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/ticket-exchange

Who did he buy them from?

I am not sure. I need to speak to him but he is not around at the moment.

• pramsay13
    pramsay13 Posts: 1,943 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Even with my name on tickets I have never been asked to show ID.
    Usually at ticket gates there are hundreds of people trying to move through fairly quickly and they are more interested in whether someone has drugs / alcohol / weapons etc.
    I would sell them on.
    If it's someone he knows he could give them some ID to borrow just in case but I don't think it will be needed.
  • tesuhoha wrote: »
    He says he doesn't want to talk about it and just to forget it

If he’s an adult, i’d take him at his word!
  • Finchy2018
    Finchy2018 Posts: 508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    They won't check id. There are hundreds of thousands of people attending they just want to get you through the barriers. I have been attending for over 15 years tickets change hands all the time as many are about before the line up is announced. Easy sell.
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 August 2019 at 10:58AM
    He will definitely be able to sell these on.

Get him to contact wherever he got the tickets (probably ticketmaster) to put them on the exchange, all the big ticket companies have a ticket exchange now.
  • tesuhoha
    GlasweJen wrote: »
    He will definitely be able to sell these on.

Get him to contact wherever he got the tickets (probably ticketmaster) to put them on the exchange, all the big ticket companies have a ticket exchange now.

Thanks, he bought them from ticketmaster.

• tesuhoha
    If he’s an adult, i’d take him at his word!

Well I would do but I know he doesn't want to lose £400 and it is so unecessary. What are parents for but to help with problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure