IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Which template to use?

Hello
Sorry if this has been answered before. I could not find it on search. I am trying to appeal to Parking eye. I see there are 2 templates on this site, one on the Newbie thread -
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
and another here:
https://images6.moneysavingexpert.com/images/documents/step_1_letter%20(10).docx?_ga=2.61599532.1081061182.1566333081-951791342.1566333080

I am not sure which letter is best to use. I am trying to challenge this as the signage was blocked by tree branches (I have photo evidence) in a newly changed staff car park, which previously was a free patient car park in a GP surgery

Many thanks

Comments

• Use the BLUE appeal template in the NEWBIES thread.

Send it unaltered as KEEPER.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    jugulator wrote: »
    Hello
    Sorry if this has been answered before. I could not find it on search. I am trying to appeal to Parking eye. I see there are 2 templates on this site, one on the Newbie thread -
    and another here:
    https://images6.moneysavingexpert.com/images/documents/step_1_letter%20(10).docx?_ga=2.61599532.1081061182.1566333081-951791342.1566333080

I am not sure which letter is best to use. I am trying to challenge this as the signage was blocked by tree branches (I have photo evidence) in a newly changed staff car park, which previously was a free patient car park in a GP surgery

Many thanks

The second one is absolutely useless.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    your first job is to complain to the practice manager and get it cancelled at source (this is the most important step)

if that fails , use the blue text template on day 26, on the PE website , eappealing as keeper - do not miss the deadline for appealing
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hello
    and another here:

Many thanks

The keeper has protection in law that the driver does not.

One of those templates gives away the driver's identity and uses out of date appeal points that the other does not.

The regulars here have repeatedly complained about the dangerously useless appeal template from the "official" MSE site to no avail.

Follow only the guidance of the NEWBIES thread.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Read this

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles

Have they complied?

Also, most surgeries have comments/feedback paces on their website. If the Practice Manager is un-cooperative write bad stuff on it

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so consider complaining to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies. Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so consider complaining to your MP.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • jugulator
    jugulator Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you everyone for the replies. It has been really helpful! I will use the template on Newbie thread. I am not sure if I will have time to complain to PM as today is the deadline for appeal as I was on holiday. Returned from holiday to be greeted with this!
  • jugulator
    Thank you for your reply. I have one more question. The allegation is that I have parked in a staff car park for 20 mins. They use automatic number plate recognition. There is no barriers or payment involved. Do I still use the blue template "unaltered" as it seems to be talking about PDT machines and overstaying etc? Also it doesnt mention why I am challenging ie - signage was unclear. Do I not need to send these evidences when appealing? Below is the photo of the signage at the entrance
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/4YChkbdGQ8Sf7EFV6

many thanks again
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    I have one more question. The allegation is that the driver parked in a staff car park for 20 mins. They use automatic number plate recognition. There is no barriers or payment involved.

Do I still use the blue template "unaltered" as it seems to be talking about PDT machines and overstaying etc?

Also it doesnt mention why I am challenging ie - signage was unclear.

Do I not need to send these evidences when appealing? Below is the photo of the signage at the entrance
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/4YChkbdGQ8Sf7EFV6

many thanks again

Fixed that for you, because it's the driver who parked on the day

Remove those parts like pdt machines etc if they are not relevant

State the signs are unclear and inadequate if you need to

The point is, do not reveal the driver

So no "My , Me , Myself & I"
  • jugulator
    Redx wrote: »
    Fixed that for you, because it's the driver who parked on the day

Remove those parts like pdt machines etc if they are not relevant

State the signs are unclear and inadequate if you need to

The point is, do not reveal the driver

So no "My , Me , Myself & I"

Thank you for your reply. I still am a bit confused with the letter. I am aware the I should not disclose the driver. If I remove the 2 paragraph about the PDT machines and overstay, there are only 4 lines in the letter. I have drafted a letter including signage. See below. Is this ok?

"I dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability or contractual agreement and I will be making a formal complaint about your predatory conduct to your client landowner and to my MP.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. Since your PCN is a vague template, I require ALL photos taken and an explanation of the allegation and your evidence.

You must include a close up actual photograph of the sign you contend was at the location on the material date.

The car park in question has no clear signage to explain what the relevant parking restrictions are. This means no contract can be formed with the landowner and all tickets are issued illegally. The signage was hidden under the tree branch therfore, it was not clearly visible on entering the car park. Please see attached evidence. Also from the spot where I parked there was no signage visible

Formal note:
    Should you later pursue this charge by way of litigation, note that service of any legal documents by email is expressly disallowed and you are not entitled to assume that the data in this dispute/appeal remains the current address for service in the future.

Yours faithfully, "

Thank you
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    The car park in question has no clear signage to explain what the relevant parking restrictions are. This means no contract can be formed with the landowner and all tickets are issued illegally. The signage was hidden under the tree branch therfore, it was not clearly visible on entering the car park. Please see attached evidence. Also from the spot where I parked there was no signage visible
    This is the danger of going 'off piste' and blowing your toes off in the process!

What was the last thing Redx advised?

By the way, they've done nothing 'illegal'.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure