Transferring S&S ISA to Halifax Share Dealing

KonkyWonky
KonkyWonky Posts: 648 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 17 August 2019 at 9:04AM in ISAs & tax-free savings
Hi guys, looking for a little advice.

I have recently opened a Halifax Share Dealing account and want to transfer my S&S ISA which is currently held by Cavendish. I have to complete a form on the Halifax website and I'm not sure how to complete Question 5. It states 'Proof that your shares have emerged from a qualifying scheme in the last 90 days and signed CREST transfer form'. My options are 'Proof enclosed' or 'Signed CREST transfer form enclosed'. Do I need to obtain some sort of certificate and send with the form?

Also, I assume the transfer will move the holdings as they are rather than sell them and re-purchase them, possibly resulting in a few days out of the market?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    That question is for shares coming out from an employee share option scheme. Are you sure you have the right form?
  • Thanks, looks like I jumped the gun. I hadn't actually opened an ISA in HSD, now that I have I have access to other forms. Thanks for your help.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    KonkyWonky wrote: »
    I assume the transfer will move the holdings as they are rather than sell them and re-purchase them, possibly resulting in a few days out of the market?
    If you've checked that HSD offer the investments that you currently hold, then you should be able to transfer 'in specie', i.e. reregistering the holdings rather than selling and repurchasing with time out of the market.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure