TUI Complaint- where to now?

Options

Comments

• stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've stayed that the Be Live Adeje, the pool is nowhere near the restaurant and bars that do the All inclusive service (there is a small station near the pool) so why couldn't they enjoy the all inclusive amenities? The Porto Colon beach is less than a minute away and Be Live have free beds on the beach for their guests.
    Sorry but this is just moaning after the event, you must complain AT THE TIME. Why on earth wouldn't you?
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • cubegame
    cubegame Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I never understand people moaning about building works at a hotel. As long as it's not going on at silly o'clock what is the issue.

Who goes on holiday to spend time in a hotel?
  • Grumpelstiltskin
    Options
    AndyLGR wrote: »
    They don’t recall there being any TUI reps there, although they did have a moan to the hotel desk to try and get some idea of a completion date (it wasn’t completed by the time they left). But due to the building work they didn’t hang around the hotel in the day, basically forfeiting the all inclusive side because it wasn’t somewhere they felt they could sit and relax.

I’m just not sure where they can go now for this though.

Even if a TUI rep didn't come every day as they did in the old days there is always a Notice Board and / or Book giving details of how to contact them.

If they didn't contact the rep at the time then they stand no chance of complaining now.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    cubegame wrote: »

Fly & flop.
    I do those holidays. Many Carribean holidays are very hotel oriented.
    I wouldn’t do two weeks flopping, but I could easily do a week with only one trip outside.
    The hotel in off to the end of October is so enormous it sounds like a mini village in itself, we are there for 7 nights and their are 12 a la carte restaurants! 25 bars.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    cubegame wrote: »
    Lots of people who go all-inclusive never set foot outside the hotel.

I agree with the other posters who say they should have contacted the rep.
    Even if a rep wasn't onsite I'm pretty sure there would have been clearly communicated methods of contacting one.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is this a serious comment ?
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 July 2019 at 8:33PM
    Options
    malkie76 wrote: »
    They needed to lodge a complaint at the time, not afterwards. Just looks like they are trying to scam some money back (I realise this isn’t the case).

Further complaints won’t work, so I suggest a LBA then small claims, although loss of enjoyment isn’t really solid grounding.

Maybe try their twitter, and hope for something, but it will likely be a voucher towards a future holiday.

Why not loss of enjoyment?
    A big part of the holiday may well have been lying round the pool and or swimming in it.
    If it was me I'd want at least half of my money back
  • AndyLGR
    AndyLGR Posts: 229 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 July 2019 at 8:59PM
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    I've stayed that the Be Live Adeje, the pool is nowhere near the restaurant and bars that do the All inclusive service (there is a small station near the pool) so why couldn't they enjoy the all inclusive amenities? The Porto Colon beach is less than a minute away and Be Live have free beds on the beach for their guests.
    Sorry but this is just moaning after the event, you must complain AT THE TIME. Why on earth wouldn't you?
    Sorry mate, but people that pop up on threads with comments like this are one of the banes of this site at times. Totally unhelpful. So if you’ve got nothing to say other than comments like you made then just don’t bother, it just details the thread.

They went out every day as a result of the main pool being out of action which is why they say they didn’t see a rep, (that’s if the hotel is covered by one at all). I’ve seen the videos they took, the noise, dust and disruption around the pool was horrific. Definitely not a place to be able to chill out with a drink or snack. Absolute no one books an all inclusive hotel where you can chill by the pool with drinks and snacks only to find that you have to sit in a building site all day.

They are a couple of 18 year olds who went there and maybe didn’t know what to do, who knows. If they’d told me before I’d have advised them to find a rep if they could. But the videos they took show how bad it was, and the fact they weren’t told about these building works beforehand and the experience they had should not in anyway mean they don’t have a legitimate grievance when they get home.

Looking on trip advisor this week and it seems that a lot of other holiday makers had the same experience too.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,486 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Irrespective of the reason for them not contacting TUI while they were in the resort, they have greatly weakened their case. TUI can claim that had they be made aware of the problems they would have relocated them to a different hotel etc, etc. Whether or not that is true is impossible to prove one way or the other.
    TUI are not noted for their positive customer service, and will in all probability say they can do nothing because it wasn't raised at the time. That doesn't mean they shouldn't try to get some form of compensation, particularly if there are TA posts from well before the time they visited complaining about the same problems.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    Why not loss of enjoyment?
    A big part of the holiday may well have been lying round the pool and or swimming in it.
    If it was me I'd want at least half of my money back
    You would need to take into account the cost of the flight and the cost of the food and drink consumed.
    I think your 'want' would be whistling in the wind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure