Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***)

Comments

• CAZBEAR
    CAZBEAR Posts: 554 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Farway wrote: »
    Easter week offer is veg, carrots and the like 29kg, just in case you were thinking of getting some in could be wise to hold off for a day or so until offers appear

Goodnes 29 kg of veg....better take my tractor to pick it up !!;););)
    Best headline ever on local paper??
    "Weight loss group doubles in size"
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,199 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    CAZBEAR wrote: »
    Goodnes 29 kg of veg....better take my tractor to pick it up !!;););)

ooops, edited:o
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
    203846930 Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    PLRFD wrote: »
    Well if you didn’t get a bit go and chew his slippers.

Next time he gets attacked by a Tribble I wont rescue him :D
    (see thread in The Arms)
  • Bill23h
    Bill23h Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    ALDI pies for veggies:
    I am hooked on Aldi's excellent vegetarian pies - choice of 3 @ 1.79 each - spinach, feta and pinenut or sweet potato, feta and pumpkin or cauliflower cheese. Haven't tried the third as I don't like cauliflower but the other two are superb for the price - big, cheesy and satisfying. Highly recommended for veggies.
    But their mozzarella and tomato tarts (2 pack for about 1.49 I think) are awful - tiny and tasteless.
    As ever with Aldi, always worth a try, but as many misses as hits!

Prepared salad bags are good, too. Twice the size of Tescos for the same price, and keep much better too, so credit for them.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Just a warning for anyone looking at the rather nice little milk saucepans at Aldi (Kirkton House 'brand' - £9.99):

They're described as suitable for induction hobs, but they certainly aren't! They don't work, and ours is going back.

Several bad reviews, quite a few returns, I'd guess, and comments about the staff not caring.

Maybe Aldi should listen to their feedback a little more to avoid unsuitable items like this being left on the market to annoy people.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Enjoying Aldi's SS Black Pepper Savoury crackers. Nicely peppered with a good crunch.
  • System
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Just a warning for anyone looking at the rather nice little milk saucepans at Aldi (Kirkton House 'brand' - £9.99):

They're described as suitable for induction hobs, but they certainly aren't! They don't work, and ours is going back.

Several bad reviews, quite a few returns, I'd guess, and comments about the staff not caring.

Maybe Aldi should listen to their feedback a little more to avoid unsuitable items like this being left on the market to annoy people.

Maybe they need to improve how customers return things as doing the returns on the same till as the shopping - getting a manager's sign on to OK the refund whilst the queue is getting bigger. Customers queuing behind give you the evil stare.

It's time for Aldi and Lidl to have a CSD which is not manned all the time - just for refunds etc.

I have bought grocery items before which have been of poor quality and due to A & L's lack of a CSD and simply care about customers having returns, I cannot be bothered doing so. Know of several others that feel the same way.I remember buying an electrical item from Aldi which developed a fault a few months later. I felt like an inconvenience as the cashier sighed and the manager who has to OK the refund.

Last month, I bought a toaster from Sainsburys which went faulty after two weeks. The assistant on the CSD was brilliant, apologised for my faulty toaster and was professional and I didn't feel like an inconvenience.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Maybe they need to improve how customers return things as doing the returns on the same till as the shopping - getting a manager's sign on to OK the refund whilst the queue is getting bigger. Customers queuing behind give you the evil stare.

It's time for Aldi and Lidl to have a CSD which is not manned all the time - just for refunds etc.

I have bought grocery items before which have been of poor quality and due to A & L's lack of a CSD and simply care about customers having returns, I cannot be bothered doing so. Know of several others that feel the same way.I remember buying an electrical item from Aldi which developed a fault a few months later. I felt like an inconvenience as the cashier sighed and the manager who has to OK the refund.

Last month, I bought a toaster from Sainsburys which went faulty after two weeks. The assistant on the CSD was brilliant, apologised for my faulty toaster and was professional and I didn't feel like an inconvenience.

I take your point entirely, and I think Aldi (and Lidl) do now need to take returns more seriously - they're missing important feedback messages on quality with the present system.

The unmanned service point for returns sounds a sensible compromise, though the business model would probably rule even that out on cost grounds.
  • System
    Doc_N wrote: »
    I take your point entirely, and I think Aldi (and Lidl) do now need to take returns more seriously - they're missing important feedback messages on quality with the present system.

The unmanned service point for returns sounds a sensible compromise, though the business model would probably rule even that out on cost grounds.

The cost of installing an unmanned CSD is very little to the cost of building a new store or refurbish existing stores.
    Refunding and purchases should be done on different tills.
  • System
    I may have mentioned this in the previous A & L thread. Aldi's staff need to be trained in NOT accepting old bank notes and giving them back as change to customers.

I work in a shop, and on times when a customer hands me an old banknote, I refuse it and ask where did they get the note from. "I got it as part of my change in Aldi".

As in order for the old notes to be in the till in the first place, someone must have given the notes for payment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure